HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What Is It?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What Is It?   Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 pm

rothnh wrote:
Impossible not to appreciate.

Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate your comment. It's one of my favorite pipes and sharing it adds to the value for me. Smile 

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What Is It?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:34 am

OK we have resolved that AJ picked up a beaut. No argument there.

As to nomenclature, now you can't tell the players without a program. Cherrywood? As Stossel says, "Give me a break."

Go back a few years and there is no argument. It is a bent poker. So, why come up with Cherrywood. Doesn't even save letters or add information. In fact, it makes things more confusing.

Looks like some marketing genius compared a pipe those
Cherrywood clunkers and said "Wow, that bent poker looks just like a Cherrywood." It is time to point a finger at such goings on and you know which one.

IT IS A BENT POKER! cheers bounce  cheers 

But, if you have to call it a Cherrywood to be oh so avant garde, it is OK by me. 5) 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What Is It?   Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 pm

GBD didn't even list a "Cherrywood" in their shape lists, only a "Poker" so seems to me since it's a GBD you would call it what they did, a Poker ! Kinda like if one owned what others would call a bent Bulldog w/diamond shank made by Dunhill that pipe would be a bent Rhodesian as THAT'S what Dunhill called it. Or as I have, several pipes made by Charatan that they called a "Banker" while the SAME shape is called a "Diplomat" by GBD, Parker and BBB. It's not rocket science, just pipes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What Is It?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 am

I have a MM cheryywood pipe. May I call it a GBD please Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
What Is It?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: