HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Massive undertaking, would like input

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive undertaking, would like input   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm

jefe1037 wrote:
a conceptual theory hinted at here that makes this job very hard: The difference between individual pipes, even made in the same shape, is based more upon the unique material to that pipe than the shape of the outside of the bowl. On the tobacco side, crops change year to year, as do the blenders; think of the old adage about buying a car that was made on a Wednesday. Variable after variable makes a mountain out of this molehill. I like the idea, but my need for the job to be completable would drive me crazy in this endeavor.

To turn this bit of negativity into a positive suggestion (which was always my intent), Might I suggest dynamic consideration for this kind of variable?

Agreed. Yes, I believe dynamic consideration would be the best route, thank you for pointing that out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Massive undertaking, would like input   Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:19 am

Another consideration is to use several groups of us as testers to put it through its paces.  Maybe do the first version, let some of us play with it, do a revision and let some fresh guinea pigs play with it.  That might save some teething pains for the big rollout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive undertaking, would like input   Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 am

Lesath wrote:
Another consideration is to use several groups of us as testers to put it through its paces.  Maybe do the first version, let some of us play with it, do a revision and let some fresh guinea pigs play with it.  That might save some teething pains for the big rollout.

Sounds like a plan! I need beta testers anyways. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Massive undertaking, would like input
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2