HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Raspberry Pi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Raspberry Pi?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 pm

I have one, and I use it for a ton of random projects. Working in IT with a programming background gives me a wonderful set of skills for both the hardware and software side of the thing, so I have a blast with it. Anyone else have one?

If so, anyone else doing any projects with it?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:14 pm

On the cover the January 2014 QST magazine is a fellow doing some programing and making use of Raspberry Pi in ham radio software. I am a Linux person. But I still run the ham radio station on Winders software. I need to make the move to Linux based software at some point. You would think with 15 years of Linux experience I would have done that by now. My main system for surfing and email is running Linux Mint 15. I was a big fan of Simply Mepis for years.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:00 am

Ahhhhhhh, that does seem like the perfect platform for ham radio. super low power, cheap, and enough guts to run a surprising amount of stuff.

Mint! I do like Mint. Very Happy I've always been partial to Ubuntu(it's what I started with, and I like orange), but Mint is a very well polished OS, and runs like a charm every time I've used it. I haven't had too much experience with Simply Mepis, but I've heard that it was a pretty killer OS, being based on Debian and whatnot.  Twisted Evil 

Come on Carlos, you already like Linux.... just make the dive! You can do it!  geek 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Raspberry Pi?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1