HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Your best pipe acquisition this year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:10 pm

daveinlax wrote:
Of the fourteen pipes I gotten this year the pipe on the bottom left wins hands down. Poor photo's, vague description and high shipping from Italy made this a gamble but It's the best smoking pipe I've ever owned. The pipe in the center left is the most meaningful a gift from a close friend/mentor to commemorate my display in Chi last spring.  Shocked   
Who made your best smoking pipe?  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:26 pm

monbla256 wrote:
LOL! Sorry about that! Other than a Ferndown and a Clarence Mickes all the pipes I got are Castello's. That one is a very unique short chubby shape 30 kk Collection.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:33 pm

It sure is, awesome pipe Dave!

daveinlax wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
LOL! Sorry about that! Other than a Ferndown and a Clarence Mickes all the pipes I got are Castello's. That one is a very unique short chubby shape 30 kk Collection.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:41 pm

herbinedave wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
I bought several that are on the list favorites but this Royal Comoy's tops the list.  Smile 

AJ

Yikes, that is quite the lovely looking birdseye!!! cheers cheers cheers 

Oh man, you've got me green, I'm so jealous !!  Some of the most beautiful pipes I've seen in a long time.  cheers

Last edited by SpeedyPete on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 pm

my Grant Batson tortured Revfish

Might be the last pipe I ever buy, unfortunately

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:39 pm

That Batson just looks special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm

I didnt buy this one, I did a little swap with a friend here on BOB. Its a Savinelli 614 Punto Oro with a meershuam lining. Nice little pipe that Im enjoying. If Yall know me you know I like em bent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 pm

plumbernater wrote:
I didnt buy this one, I did a little swap with a friend here on BOB. Its a Savinelli 614 Punto Oro with a meershuam lining. Nice little pipe that Im enjoying. If Yall know me you know I like em bent.

I'm a bent kind of guy too plumber, and that one rings the bells!

rabbit 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:05 pm

I did a little swaping with cartaphilus.. He does some nice work on restoring pipes too. This is what he did to the old Nonpareil I swaped with him. If it looked that good Id had a hard time letting it go. It was A large pipe and I just dont take to the large ones that good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:10 pm

the rev wrote:

Might be the last pipe I ever buy, unfortunately

rev

Why do you say that, my bro' ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Geez, all but one of my pipes were purchased this year! Razz But I'd have to say without hesitation, even though I got it in October, my favorite has to be my Growley smooth bent Rhodesian. (With my Piersel straight billiard twins a close second!)

We have some incredibly talented artisans here on this board. I feel very privileged to mix company with such fine folks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rtouve

Registration date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:43 am

my new pipe in 2014 is Tonni Nielsen "8" Very Happy

Last edited by rtouve on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.portrayers.com
Dramatwist

Registration date : 2013-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
My very best (IMO) and I should say favorite would be the Mastro De Paja Ciocco.

Lovely briar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dramatwist

Registration date : 2013-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Your best pipe acquisition this year   Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 am

plumbernater wrote:
I did a little swaping with cartaphilus.. He does some nice work on restoring pipes too. This is what he did to the old Nonpareil I swaped with him. If it looked that good Id had a hard time letting it go. It was A large pipe and I just dont take to the large ones that good.

Hell of a fine blast on that. Dammit...

Best,
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Your best pipe acquisition this year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2