HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zonomo

Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning   Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Specifically, I am talking about my Falcon pipe, which has threads on the bowl. I am wondering if I could be using a soft but firm bristles when cleaning the threaded areas and small parts. I've only used pipe cleaners so far. Thanks everyone.
Z
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:06 am

I do not use anything but tissue paper to clean the threads of my Falcons. I don't see why I should worry about the "oil" between the threads because it can't reach the inside of the bowl/pipe. I'm careful with them theads as I don't want to spoil my pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zonomo

Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:44 am

OK - good to know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm

To keep the threads clean I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a tooth brush on them ever so often, just don't use yours.
Although I don't smoke this type pipe I have done this many times when restoring them and they generally need it badly because of resinous build up in them. YMMV  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:36 pm

A soft bristle toothbrush would do the job nicely, although not terribly important to clean the bowl thread the build up of oils and residue could end in a pretty stinky bowl I would imagine, I used to clean my old Falcon bowl thread after each smoke, best to avoid smelly pipe syndrome I feel.  cheers sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dramatwist

Registration date : 2013-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning   Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:31 am

I like my Falcons squeaky clean. I remove the bowl and scrub the hell out of 'em with a veggie brush!

Best,
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is it necessary to use a brush when cleaning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1