HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

BoB Summer Cabin Get Away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Does this sound like fun for a night or two? A rustic cabin in the Fir trees at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Easin' back on the covered porch with your feet up on the railing...your favorite pipe and blend smoldering cheerfully away...the gentle breeze wafting the smoke always away from your face...a crisp lager by your side, or maybe a steaming mug of some fresh roasted gourmet coffee?

I don't know about you guys, but it sounds good to me! I'm booked into Cabin #8 (the one on the end) since it's pet friendly and Watson, the Wonder Pug will be supervising.

I'll be there from Thursday, July 17...leaving Tuesday morning on the 22nd.

If anyone wants to drop by (the parking situation is TIGHT) or better yet spend a night or two, let me know. It would totally be fun to build this up as a weekend event and secure a second cabin up there (maybe even #7 next door)...which has to be done very early (like now). So if any y'all want to get your own cabin ($44/night) drive in and spend as much time as you like. Or, if you want to bunk in my cabin it will sleep three (I snore...just a warning).

Anyway...I'm going to go up there there and have a lovely quiet time, whittling, writing, reading, puffing...if want to join me, PM me and we can start plotting.

Google "LLStubbStewartPark" or go to the Oregon State Parks site to check the place and location out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Too far away for me to join you, but it sounds like it could be a great time.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Yeah. It will be. Maybe I should have noted up top that the location is in Western Oregon...Coast Range...between the Willamette Valley and the Pacific Coast.

I was going to book three, 2-night trips, but they always seem to involve more packing and loading and lugging than sitting and relaxing and reflecting. So I went for the long stay. Let 'em TRY and pry me outta there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Does this sound like fun for a night or two? A rustic cabin in the Fir trees at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Easin' back on the covered porch with your feet up on the railing...your favorite pipe and blend smoldering cheerfully away...the gentle breeze wafting the smoke always away from your face...a crisp lager by your side, or maybe a steaming mug of some fresh roasted gourmet coffee?

Comes across as absolutely delightful, mine's a coffee, oh how I wish I could join you there, a nice bit of relaxation would go down a treat, who ever ends up meeting you there I wish you all to have a wonderful relaxing time.  I love you sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Sure sounds like a great time, I'm on the wrong coast.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 pm

If that weren't so far away I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

rr: Wrong coast? Do the wheels on yer little bus go round and round?

BS: And we'd absolutely be honored to have you. In lieu of that, if any of these other layabouts decides to put some effort toward attending we'll provide pictures of the evil deeds done, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Oh man. I need to look at what I've already committed to this summer and see how I can make this happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Not much for privacy, are they? I see three of those are larger cabins and those will be the nosiest ones. Near you.  Laughing 

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

That's dirt cheap. Do the cabins have beds in them, or is it bring your own cots? Room service? Does somebody wash the sheets?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Sheets?

Beds yes, bring all yer own kit & kaboodle.

It does say that 3 of them are the ones with the separate bedroom, but I can't figure which is which. We stayed in one just up the line from #8 a few years ago...maybe #4...and it was one open space inside. There's a Floor plan brochure you can download that shows the one room to be 16'X16' and the one bedroom to be 16'X24'. So they're fairly large inside. They supposedly sleep 5 & 6 respectively...but I'd rather sleep alone... so 3 and 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:07 pm

This has some appeal for me amigo. I'm gonna put it on my calendar and see what happens closer to the date. That's not really all that far from me. I'd say only about 5 hrs drive time.

Yet that time of year is our busiest at the brewery. Still, I might be able to sneak away for a weekend if all the stars align just right. But I won't know until about a week before. Such is life in production.

Looks like a lovely location.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 pm

They do have limits on how many in a cabin. But not much more details than that. First thing I did was look at them on Google Maps from a satellite view. If #8 is the furthest one in and 7 is next to it. Then 4, 5, & 6 are the large cabins. What else is inside beside the beds? Restrooms? Or is that communal someplace?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Sounds like a fantastic trip, but I sadly couldn't commit this far in advance and so would like to decline.

Thanks for the generous open offer and I hope you have a great time with whomever does show up! cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Sounds like fun! I loved it up there in Oregon. I spent a summer near Medford as a kid, and I especially enjoyed fishing the Rogue River. It'd be great to go up there for a visit again.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trifecta13

Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Sadly that would be an awfully long haul for me. The idea of having a BoB get together does sound like an amazing idea though. For those of us who don't have pipe clubs, etc. BoB is our sanctum sanctorum on the web; would be great to meet some brothers on person (at least I'm fairly sure it would)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 am

I'm going to try to make it at least one evening. Now to figure out how to get Gravel to come along for the ride. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 am

Fishfuzz wrote:
I'm going to try to make it at least one evening. Now to figure out how to get Gravel to come along for the ride. Very Happy
If I can do it, I'll drive. We can smoke in my rig. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Yeah, there's no reason you locals have to stay over and listen to me n the pup snore the night away...come on up whenever and sit fer a spell. I'll pump up the track from 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' and we can pass the jug and stare at the bark on the Doug Firs.

I'm straining to get a Summer groove on here with 9" of fresh snow on the ground!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Well, looky here.

Did this happen? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Ah man! No Was all excited about this, then read Direwolf's comment and realized it was last year. Bummer.
Any chance of another similar event this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:10 pm

It does sound nice, but it's way too far for me. Never done the rustic cabin thing. I do love some rough camping though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:20 pm

I did happen...and it was EPIC. It never worked out that a couple of BoB Mountain Men made it and my 26 y.o. son had just been let go by his employer (since then he's been picked up by a major health care system in their I.T. dept.) so we decided to make it a father/son retreat. So he and I and the Pug did the woods week. I gotta say that our relationship has had its rough edges in the past, but the camping trip as judged by each participant was "The Best Camping Trip in the World"! We had craft beers, built big fires, roasted green coffee beans for the French Press, sipped excellent bourbon, told tall tales, slept late, flirted with the lady campers next door (actually, the Pug was the chick magnet of all time). My wife and daughter whose concept of camping centers around the term, 'reservations' were glad to be rid of us and we made the most of it. Honestly, I can't remember ever having a better woods event. Thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I did happen...and it was EPIC. It never worked out that a couple of BoB Mountain Men made it and my 26 y.o. son had just been let go by his employer (since then he's been picked up by a major health care system in their I.T. dept.) so we decided to make it a father/son retreat. So he and I and the Pug did the woods week. I gotta say that our relationship has had its rough edges in the past, but the camping trip as judged by each participant was "The Best Camping Trip in the World"! We had craft beers, built big fires, roasted green coffee beans for the French Press, sipped excellent bourbon, told tall tales, slept late, flirted with the lady campers next door (actually, the Pug was the chick magnet of all time). My wife and daughter whose concept of camping centers around the term, 'reservations' were glad to be rid of us and we made the most of it. Honestly, I can't remember ever having a better woods event. Thanks for asking.

Sounds like a way great time to me Dave. Wish I could've been there!

cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: BoB Summer Cabin Get Away   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Sounds like the best weekend to have!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BoB Summer Cabin Get Away
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next