HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Early this year I visited Charl Goussard (aritsan pipe carver) where I met a very nice gentleman. I've invited him for a BBQ and today he turned up, with his wife. He brought along his collection and we compared pipes.

I knew he do not own a MM cop and would like one, so I got one for him. And you know what? He gave me a Sav Punto Oro mister G 122 in exchange! Very Happy Beautiful, well cared for pipe, smokes like only a Sav can do.

But now I have a problem. I like even numbers and I now have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will HAVE to buy another "other" Sav. I did not want to spend money on pipes this year 'cause I'm buying tobacco.

What now, my love? QuestionQuestion

Last edited by SpeedyPete on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Quote:I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

Must be nice to think that way, I can't go a month without purchasing at least one pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Early this year I visited Charl Goussard (aritsan pipe carver) where I met a very nice gentleman. I've invited him for a BBQ and today he turned up, with his wife. He brought along his collection and we compared pipes.

I knew he do know own a MM cop and would like one, so I got one for him. And you know what? He gave me a Sav Punto Oro mister G 122 in exchange! Very Happy Beautiful, well cared for pipe, smokes like only a Sav can do.

But now I have a problem. I like even numbers and now I have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will have to buy another "other" Sav and I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

No problem. Just keep making deals like that one (a Punto Oro for a Cob) and you won't have to spend much money on pipes this year but you might have trouble sleeping at night.lol!lol!
Sounds like you've made a wonderful friend and both pipes I'm sure will be cherished. Congrats Brothers.cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Quote:I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

Must be nice to think that way, I can't go a month without purchasing at least one pipe.

I have the same problem! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:21 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:

I knew he do know own a MM cop and would like one, so I got one for him. And you know what? He gave me a Sav Punto Oro mister G 122 in exchange! Very Happy Beautiful, well cared for pipe, smokes like only a Sav can do.

But now I have a problem. I like even numbers and I now have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will HAVE to buy another "other" Sav. I did not want to spend money on pipes this year 'cause I'm buying tobacco.

No problem! Start your search for a Sav Guibleo d' Oro, it's the level ABOVE the Punto's and then add 6 more Guibleo's to match the Punto's and you'll be set for THIS year !!Twisted Evil Oh, BTW, get a pair of shoes for the 'little lady' each time you get a pipe! Makes things go sooooo much smoother Twisted EvilTwisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:52 pm

monbla256 wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:

No problem! Start your search for a Sav Guibleo d' Oro, it's the level ABOVE the Punto's and then add 6 more Guibleo's to match the Punto's and you'll be set for THIS year !!Twisted Evil Oh, BTW, get a pair of shoes for the 'little lady' each time you get a pipe! Makes things go sooooo much smoother Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

I've already looked for and found some lovely Guibleo d' Oro pipes but..........I cannot buy pipes and accumulate tobacco at the same time. My bugget (read wife) won't allow it. Not really true but I know I should maintain some sort of balance as far as spending is concerned. I've decided that this year I will hoard as much tobacco as can possibly afford. I really want to stick to this decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Hawker wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:

But now I have a problem. I like even numbers and now I have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will have to buy another "other" Sav and I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

No problem. Just keep making deals like that one (a Punto Oro for a Cob) and you won't have to spend much money on pipes this year but you might have trouble sleeping at night.lol!lol!
Sounds like you've made a wonderful friend and both pipes I'm sure will be cherished. Congrats Brothers.cheers

I thank you, sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Pete, what I do is put a little aside each week -- surprisingly things like passing or cutting back on a daily stop at the coffee shop and making my coffee at home, eating out less often, buying more bulk instead of tinned tobacco, etc. really adds up over time.

Being the enabler that I am, here's a pristine Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro, Sav's top of the line, at SPC -- $250 (this is a $500+ pipe) -- and they offer international shipping:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=126111
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:06 pm

rothnh wrote:
Pete, what I do is put a little aside each week -- surprisingly things like passing or cutting back on a daily stop at the coffee shop and making my coffee at home, eating out less often, buying more bulk instead of tinned tobacco, etc. really adds up over time.

Being the enabler that I am, here's a pristine Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro, Sav's top of the line, at SPC -- $250 (this is a $500+ pipe) -- and they offer international shipping:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=126111

My brother, I really appreciate your effort in finding me a nice pipe. It is so special, so beautiful, I feel like crying because..... ... at our current exchance rate, this pipe will cost me R2,775.00. I cannot afford to spend that kind of money on a pipe now.

Last month I bought 2 tins of Escudo and 8oz of SG 1792 Flake and, with shipping, it cost me R932.00 plus duty on this side of R54.00.

Yesterday I ordered another 2 tins of Escudo and 8oz of 4noggins Prairie Wind, total cost R1,023.00 and I don't know what customs will do on this side.

So, as much as would like to buy that pipe, which is a HUGE bargain, I just can't do it without robbing a bank. And I'm to old already for that kind of jobTwisted Evil

Thanks once more for keeping me in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Pete, sorry, I didn't mean to tease -- my point was that there's some really nice Savs on the estate market when you're ready for one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:16 pm

rothnh wrote:
Pete, sorry, I didn't mean to tease -- my point was that there's some really nice Savs on the estate market when you're ready for one.

You're still my brother!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1