HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andrew Thomson

Registration date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Zeno you are so kind and thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to provide some useful information. I think itís a genuine Caminetto and I can live with not knowing the date. Itís smokes so well so who cares and I didnít pay too much at just under £300. However no box or anything else provided and again I am not that bothered as I purchased it because if looked so stunning from a bria quality and actual silver stem mount perspective. Thanks again and your time has been much appreciated in helping out a new pipe novice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew Thomson

Registration date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Problem solved   Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 am

Itís a new Caminetto produced by Roberto Ascorti and the year is 2017. I managed to find all the details about the new models from Smoking Pipes so at least I know itís genuine albeit not of the original A and R standing. Fantastic quality and smokes like a dream but the best I have is a Nording pipe as that smokes like heaven. Thanks again for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josip Klement

Registration date : 2018-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi guys, I have purchased this pipe today, and i would like to know how old is it and is it valuable, it can be 2 dollars or 200, i do not know anything about pipes and i would like to know if i have given too much money for it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Based on an internet search, this appears to be a more recent Caminetto "high grade" and I could be wrong, but it appears that someone carved their initials into the shank. If this is the case I would assume it makes the pipe's value pretty low from a collector's standpoint if that's what you are after. Your pictures are too large for the forum format so it will be difficult for people to see them on a mobile device.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Josip Klement

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Thank you a lot for your reply

The letters are KS and i found this in the pipepedia: Another stamp that sometimes follows the "Business" one is "KS," which from what I know means "King-size" (this could be wrong, as there are pipes stamped with KS1, KS2, and KS3).

Also here is a picture of the moustaches on the stem, maybe this helps, it is described in the pipepedia like this "Bird-in-flight" (circa 1968/69-1974/75)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

ak2000

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm

I think the white mustache indicates more current production and the gold mustache indicates the older era, but I'm not an expert.
Back to top Go down
Josip Klement

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Okay, thank you a lot, this helped me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

ak2000

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:44 pm

The letters above "Caminetto" do not look like a factory stamp to me and it's an odd place for a factory stamp, but again I'm no expert.
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:35 pm

This was a fascinating article.† I enjoyed it very much.† I have two Ascorti Business pipes and
a Gianni.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lee Pattison

Registration date : 2019-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 am

The info has helped indentify rarity of my Caminetto Tinder Box aniversary pipe. 1978 catalog shows 250 rusticated were made but forum expanded that all pipes were numbered but my pipe was stamped 297/301 so the smooth finish would indicate only 50 were made, making same a very rare pipe. Tks for detailed research.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2