HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Savinelli Milano De Luxe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
umfunix

Registration date : 2014-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Milano De Luxe    Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:49 am

monbla256 wrote:
I'd say they were a mid-range line, in the same area price and quality wise as the Champagne series. I have 4 Deluxe Milano Savs and EVERYONE is a FANTASTIC smoker!! I love 'em !!  cheers cheers 

I have 2 Savinelli de luxe Milano's and love both of them! Also wonder what "quality range" they fit in. However, judged on the smoke, I would put it higher than 5.2 / 10 :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Milano De Luxe    Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 am

umfunix wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
I'd say they were a mid-range line, in the same area price and quality wise as the Champagne series. I have 4 Deluxe Milano Savs and EVERYONE is a FANTASTIC smoker!! I love 'em !!  cheers cheers 

I have 2 Savinelli de luxe Milano's and love both of them!  Also wonder what "quality range" they fit in.  However, judged on the smoke, I would put it higher than 5.2 / 10 :-)

5.2/10 ain't so bad when you consider their tens are insanely grained super high end handmades and often really big so it's harder to find an impeccable piece of briar. I think if you separate their standard shapes and their free hands it helps because they are almost two different markets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Milano De Luxe    Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:20 am

Oh hell, you said smoke qualities. Well if you remove the aesthetic and collectible qualities from those higher ends then 5.2 might be low already. I think my best Savinelli's smoke better than 5.2 compared to my best smoking pipe (10).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Milano De Luxe    Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:52 am

juanmedusa wrote:
Oh hell, you said smoke qualities. Well if you remove the aesthetic and collectible qualities from those higher ends then 5.2 might be low already. I think my best Savinelli's smoke better than 5.2 compared to my best smoking pipe (10).

I have 14 Sav's of which 8 are Punto Oro's and one a De Luxe Milano. But whatever they are called, ALL of them are super smokers, no less than 9.5/10  cheers bounce cheers  Even my "cheapest" Sav, a Pisa Canadian, smokes the same or better than a Dunhill  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Milano De Luxe    Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Mine are bit all over the place. I have an Oscar Aries, a melange, Oscar Lucite, a caffe, a Hercules, saint Nicolas, punto de Oro corallo. I had a trevi. And all over the place shape wise too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Savinelli Milano De Luxe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: