HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Greetings from Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
balkan_boy

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:27 am

Hi all,

My name is Nikita, I'm from Bulgaria, and I smoke pipe for about 7-8 years, with a 4 years of break.
Originally, I'm from Macedonia, but live in Bulgaria for quite a long time (probably it's all the same to you). For me it's an honour to be a part of this great forum.
My pipe collection consists of somewhat 40 pipes (not counting the cobs) and my favourite tobaccos are Balkan/English (ones with latakia), VAs, and Va/Pers. Predominantly latakia to be more precise.

There is some really valuable info here, I look forward to exploring the topics.

I wish you cool and nice smoke, and live in peace with your pipe

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

avatar

Age : 33
Location : Valley City, OH
Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 am

Dobro došli, brata!

(Ok it's not exactly the same as Macedonian, half Croatian half Serbian here).

Welcome to BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
pepesdad1

avatar

Age : 73
Location : Tallahassee, Florida
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 am

Welcome to the brotherhood. Welcome to BoB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
balkan_boy

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 am

PozzSka wrote:
Dobro došli, brata!

(Ok it's not exactly the same as Macedonian, half Croatian half Serbian here).

Welcome to BoB!

Nema veze brate, razumem ja i vas jezik. Nismo Djaba bili u jednu drzavu toliko godina.


Thanks Bro, I appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

avatar

Age : 33
Location : Valley City, OH
Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:46 am

balkan_boy wrote:
PozzSka wrote:
Dobro došli, brata!

(Ok it's not exactly the same as Macedonian, half Croatian half Serbian here).

Welcome to BoB!

Nema veze brate, razumem ja i vas jezik. Nismo Djaba bili u jednu drzavu toliko godina.


Thanks Bro, I appreciate it Smile

nema na cemu! Uzivati tvoj boravak u BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Trifecta13

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Peoria, IL
Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 am

Greetings and welcome. Always good to know how wide the reach of the BoB is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

avatar

Age : 48
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Hello Nikita, welcome to BoB.  cheers sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Beaverton, OR
Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Welcome Nikita!

I hope you enjoy the BoB and find everything and everyone to be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

avatar

Age : 51
Location : Alberta
Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flyguy

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Idaho
Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Welcome Nikita. Love your avatar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordTemplar

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Louisville, Kentucky
Registration date : 2014-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Welcome Nikita. It is great to have you here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Welcome to BoB Nikita. Enjoy your time here.


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Hiram-2011

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Welcome to BoB, Nikita. Pleasure to have you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

avatar

Age : 59
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Welcome to BoB! I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
balkan_boy

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:52 am

Thanks Gyus, I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mejoshee

avatar

Age : 32
Location : Campbell, CA
Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rickydcrose

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Fleming Island, FL
Registration date : 2014-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:18 pm

The BoBsters welcome you.


Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles



Location : Pittsburgh, PA
Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Welcome!
Now we have an agent in the Balkan tobacco regions? Cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:26 am

Welcome.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
balkan_boy

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:10 am

Aristokles wrote:
Welcome!
Now we have an agent in the Balkan tobacco regions? Cool.

Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk. I order all my tobacco from the USA.
You have no idea how blessed you are (tobacco wise) living in America.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles



Location : Pittsburgh, PA
Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 am

balkan_boy wrote:
Aristokles wrote:
Welcome!
Now we have an agent in the Balkan tobacco regions? Cool.

Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk. I order all my tobacco from the USA.
You have no idea how blessed you are (tobacco wise) living in America.


So no one grows tobacco there now? I wasn't expecting cured, prepared blends, just raw stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
balkan_boy

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:30 am

Aristokles wrote:
balkan_boy wrote:
Aristokles wrote:
Welcome!
Now we have an agent in the Balkan tobacco regions? Cool.

Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk.  I order all my tobacco from the USA.
You have no idea how blessed you are (tobacco wise) living in America.


So no one grows tobacco there now? I wasn't expecting cured, prepared blends, just raw stock.

Well, row stock you find a lot. Everybody grows tobacco, especially in Macedonia. There are towns where tobacco is the main source of income for the population.
But you can't smoke that. That's oriental tobacco, and if not mixed with VA or Burley or Latakia or whatever, it's just disgusting. Smile
Due to high taxes, many people roll cigarettes with local tobacco, and I must say, it's not the smell you enjoy that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles



Location : Pittsburgh, PA
Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:36 pm

balkan_boy wrote:
Aristokles wrote:
balkan_boy wrote:
Aristokles wrote:
Welcome!
Now we have an agent in the Balkan tobacco regions? Cool.

Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk.  I order all my tobacco from the USA.
You have no idea how blessed you are (tobacco wise) living in America.


So no one grows tobacco there now? I wasn't expecting cured, prepared blends, just raw stock.

Well, row stock you find a lot. Everybody grows tobacco, especially in Macedonia. There are towns where tobacco is the main source of income for the population.
But you can't smoke that. That's oriental tobacco, and if not mixed with VA or Burley or Latakia or whatever, it's just disgusting. Smile
Due to high taxes, many people roll cigarettes with local tobacco, and I must say, it's not the smell you enjoy that's for sure.

Yes, that is exactly what I inquire about - blending Orientals. Big money to get a hold of over here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
balkan_boy

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 am

[quote="Aristokles"][quote="balkan_boy"]
Aristokles wrote:


Yes, that is exactly what I inquire about - blending Orientals. Big money to get a hold of over here.

Are you in tobacco business?

PM me if you're interested in buying raw orientals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles



Location : Pittsburgh, PA
Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bulgaria   Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 am

balkan_boy wrote:
Aristokles wrote:
balkan_boy wrote:
Aristokles wrote:


Yes, that is exactly what I inquire about - blending Orientals. Big money to get a hold of over here.

Are you in tobacco business?

PM me if you're interested in buying raw orientals.

Naw, I'm retired now. I considered a venture but in today's legal environment here for tobacco, I figured I could not invest effort wise the commitment needed. BUT I ask because I am not the only one who reads these forums - the professionals do, too.

Although some Dubeck would be nice.  Very Happy 


Last edited by Aristokles on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Greetings from Bulgaria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Politics of Nationalism under Communism in Bulgaria
» Bulgarian Midwife almost injected a new born baby with lethal air bubble
» Bulgaria sent troops to the border with Greece

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: