HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

FDA bans tobacco products for the first time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:45 pm

But I bet not for the last time.... Crying or Very sad 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bidis-are-first-tobacco-product-banned-under-fda-regulatory-law/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:13 pm

This link does not load for me!

Question

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Brewdude wrote:
This link does not load for me!

Question

Cheers,

RR

Huh. It's working for me. The gist of it is that the FDA has used its tobacco regulatory powers for the first time to ban the sale of a tobacco product (in this case, Sutra brand bidi cigarettes).

From the article:
"These four tobacco products will no longer be allowed to be sold or imported into the U.S. Any products that are already in the U.S. can be subjected to law enforcement action, including seizure. Establishments that continue to sell these items could be in violation of the law.

"The ban is the first one issued by the FDA since the 2009 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act gave the agency expanded powers to regulate tobacco."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
holymolar

Registration date : 2014-01-31

PostSubject: Re: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Uh Oh, now it starts. Slowly at first but may pick up speed in time. Stock up everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:18 pm

I remember those! Bidis Brazil, basically a tobacco substitute, yes? Rolled on a leaf and tied with a hemp string..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Hmmm, I could have sworn those were herbal concoctions. I remember smoking them in the 1990's but I don't recall them actually containing tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: FDA bans tobacco products for the first time   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:28 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Hmmm, I could have sworn those were herbal concoctions. I remember smoking them in the 1990's but I don't recall them actually containing tobacco.
I thought they were clove. I think the kretek segment were banned before the FDA became involved. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

FDA bans tobacco products for the first time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1