HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:41 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:56 am

Aha!  I see where this is going...

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:04 am

Another Bogie flick, To Have and Have Not and a totally different one: Tree of Life. Too hard to pick just one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 am

Wow, a tough question. "American Graffiti" for capturing Americana during a turbulent era.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Briarbabe wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:
From Dusk till Dawn

Laughing my ass off, my boyfriend made me watch that for the first time last night. Good, over the top, blood bath,  Tarantino fun. Certainly not his best work, but fun none the less.

folks will still be watching the Snake Dance on YouTube when Selma is old and fat..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 am

Second for Cool Hand Luke. Others that I really like, Nobody's Fool, Nebraska, In Bruges, The Best Years of Our Lives, Lord of the Rings, Silver Linings Playbook, Goodfellas, No Country for Old Men... And many others but that's a few.

Cool post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Hard to say, but on the basis of what movie I've watched most it would have to be a tie between Cool Hand Luke and Fargo. So I guess that makes them the best in my book.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Old Nate
Not Really Old

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Fargo is another Corn bros' masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:50 pm

*Coen I meant. Also The Man from Laramie w Jimmy Stewart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cajun

Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Movie   Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:07 pm

I know now why I like you Andy, Cool Hand Like. Went to an Apple store to get instructions on IPHONE, as I am an old Fart. Young clerk introduced himself as Luke, I looked at him and said. ( What we have here is a failure to communicate). Blank look, didn't know about the film. Explained it to him and realized its a generation thing. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Cajun, I had a similar experience while back. Told a younger friend of mine the old joke about the big wind storm on an east Texas cattle ranch. At first all the cattle are leaning hard into the wind, trying not to get blown over. Eventually though, the wind knocks down first one cow then another and by the time the storm has passed every single cow had been pushed over by the wind, but not a single bull was knocked down. So the next morning, the lead cow walks up to the lead bull and ask "what gives? I know some of my cows are a lot bigger and stronger than some of your bulls, and yet all of us got knocked down by the wind but all it did to your bulls was rock some of them around a bit. How come some of the littler bulls didn't get knocked over too?" The lead bull looks at her and says, "Well ma'am, we bulls wobble but we don't fall down." jocolor
Got the same blank stare you described.

Oh, and as for movies, ones I'm really digging now are "A man called Peter", as well as the lord of the rings movies, star wars movies, little big man, saving private Ryan, any of the thin man movies, and the list goes on and on. I obviously cant pick a "favorite". scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:37 pm

We're movie lovers and I look forward to Oscar season every year. My pick would be The Godfather. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DWT

Registration date : 2014-10-19

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:47 pm

My pick would have to be GONE WITH THE WIND. An all time classic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What movie do you think is the best of the 20th century?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2