HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Winston Churchill Spitfires

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Winston Churchill Spitfires   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:56 am

Lately I have had a growing interest in cigars. However because I live in Korea they are quite hard to come by. There is only one shop that sells cigars here, called Cigar Story. Most of them are high priced Cubans going from 10 to 40 dollars for a stick. Of course I would love to try them all but that's a bit too much for me.
Finally though I gave in and ordered a tin of Winston Churchill Spitfires. They are a smaller cigar, only about 5 inches long and 38 ring gauge but I liked that they came in a pack of 5. They are made by Davidoff so quality is dependable.
So far I have only had one but I have to say it was pretty nice. It being smaller it was only about 30 minutes for the smoke. Lit really well and kept an ash till almost half way. Somewhere around the halfway mark it picked up a lot more flavor (not a lot when firing it up). Not a lot of sweetness, more on the woody side of things.
I was quite surprised by the nic kick I got off it. The cigar finished nicely and I went on my merry way with a nice taste in my mouth. Then about 20 minutes later I suddenly felt a bit woozy. Sat down and played guitar a bit to ride it out and felt great after.
So, anyone looking for a nice 30 minute smaller cigar I would recommend the Spitfires. Stronger and more complex than you would expect and come in a pretty sleek tin to boot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Winston Churchill Spitfires   Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 am

Look good to me.  Given the opportunity, I'd buy 'em." />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveS

Location : Where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.
Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Winston Churchill Spitfires   Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:07 am

I've not tried them, but since they're made by Davidoff, they're a quality cigar ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Thanks!   Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:11 am

Thanks for posting the picture! Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Winston Churchill Spitfires
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1