HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Baraccini

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Baraccini   Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:34 pm

I probably should have asked this BEFORE ordering one, but does anyone have any experience with these pipes? P&C has them for $30 or thereabouts. I was ordering some bulk tobacco anyway, so I figured I'd toss one in the cart...just wondering what I'm in for.

To be fair, I'm not expecting much. Really, just expecting something akin to a nicer basket pipe...what I'm aiming for is something to use as a knock-around, yard workin' kinda pipe that's utilitarian and good enough for puffing when smoking is secondary to whatever else I'm doing. Yes, yes, I have a number of cobs I usually use for the same purpose, but sometimes I'm just not in a cob sorta mood (I had an old, gnarly Marxman go kaput on me over the winter, and need something to take its job). Low expectations and all, am I still in for a big disappointment?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Baraccini   Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm

I got the email today from them that these pipes were on sale. I almost pulled the trigger on one. You will have to let us know what your thoughts are on it when oit comes.

PS. I am not that far from you. I am not sure if that is your English Bulldog in the pic but I have one too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Baraccini   Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 pm

I too saw the e-mail and considered oredring one. It's hard to go wrong at that price as long as one manages one's expectations. Let us know about the pipe when you get it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

PostSubject: Re: Baraccini   Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:47 pm

J_Rock wrote:
I got the email today from them that these pipes were on sale. I almost pulled the trigger on one. You will have to let us know what your thoughts are on it when oit comes.

PS. I am not that far from you. I am not sure if that is your English Bulldog in the pic but I have one too!

That's my little guy, alright.

I'm actually in and around your neck of the woods a few times a month for work - which is sort of unusual, considering the Cuyahoga River is sort of like Cleveland's version of the Berlin Wall. There's a few guys here from the NE OH area...small world, apparently!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Baraccini   Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:50 am

I bought a Baraccini poker about a year ago. Not to impressed. Most of the tobacco I smoke in it tastes weird but I use it as a beater pipe at work on lunch break. I mostly smoke 'all day blends' in it like Storm Front. It is ok for that purpose but I will not be ordering another one.
YMMV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

PostSubject: Re: Baraccini   Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Update: here
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Baraccini
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1