HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Moretti

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Moretti   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:42 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301202651322?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_0wt_0

I bought this pipe today, my first Moretti.

I don't know anything about Moretti pipes, please?


Last edited by SpeedyPete on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
Moderator
avatar

Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:44 pm


_________________
Many of the greatest pleasures in life are illegal, immoral, or smelly.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Orlando, FL
Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:11 pm

That's a nice-looking pipe. I've heard good things about Moretti, but I've never owned one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

avatar

Age : 74
Location : Tallahassee, Florida
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Moretti   Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Stunning looking smoker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

avatar

Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Ha! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 pm

There FRICKEN BIG!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:56 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
There FRICKEN BIG!

That's right, I've seen some really HUGE Moretti pipes, I mean bigger than anything else I've seen.

I have a Sav which is of the same dimensions as this pipe. It's big, yes. But the bowl's flanks/wall is very thick which I love. Normally a pipe like this smokes very cool.

I won't buy anything bigger than this one though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:25 am

Can you buy a Bigger pipe then this?
And does it come with optional wheels? scratch 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:08 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
Can you buy a Bigger pipe then this?
And does it come with optional wheels? scratch 


WOW!!! Thanks Cart for posting this photo! With birdseye like that on the rim, I'm not going to smoke it!! Will just sit and admire it all the time.

I believe it's got a little wheel in the heel to push it like a wheelbarrow.

Maybe you should check in on the Moretti link supplied above to see some real monsters!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:53 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Can you buy a Bigger pipe then this?
And does it come with optional wheels? scratch 

WOW!!!  Thanks Cart for posting this photo!  With birdseye like that on the rim, I'm not going to smoke it!!  Will just sit and admire it all the time.

I believe it's got a little wheel in the heel to push it like a wheelbarrow.

Maybe you should check in on the Moretti link supplied above to see some real monsters!


I've been wanting one of his Rhodesian's but have yet to snag one at an affordable price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:59 pm

MisterE wrote:
http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19870-let-s-see-some-pics-of-your-moretti-s?highlight=lets+see+your+moretti+s

Thank you so much, my bro'  Very Happy 

It seems as if I made the right choice here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Can you buy a Bigger pipe then this?
And does it come with optional wheels? scratch 

WOW!!!  Thanks Cart for posting this photo!  With birdseye like that on the rim, I'm not going to smoke it!!  Will just sit and admire it all the time.

I believe it's got a little wheel in the heel to push it like a wheelbarrow.

Maybe you should check in on the Moretti link supplied above to see some real monsters!


I've been wanting one of his Rhodesian's but have yet to snag one at an affordable price.

Cart, he's selling all his pipes via eBay.

Great Estate Pipes also had a Moretti on auction which went for a higher price than what I've paid for mine. I will check his "shop" when I'm ready for another Moretti. He seems to be a very nice guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Gotcha!  Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:57 am

Marco is listed on eBay as "Bima 1960". He is the maker and seller of Moretti pipes.

I'm not related to him ( Twisted Evil ) and does not pay me for advertising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:21 am

Here's one

http://www.marscigars.com/moretti-1086.aspx

I quite like at Mars Cigar. Doesn't look to be a monster to me. Maybe this is the more traditional end of their spectrum? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:44 am

juanmedusa wrote:
Here's one

http://www.marscigars.com/moretti-1086.aspx

I quite like at Mars Cigar. Doesn't look to be a monster to me. Maybe this is the more traditional end of their spectrum? I don't know.

The pipe is 6" long and the bowl is 1¾" deep! It may not be a monster but it's one big pipe.

Most of his pipes are very big. Check the link supplied above and you will be amazed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:52 pm

When you point it out, I'd have to agree it's not a small pipe. It probably just reads smaller to me in the picture because of it's familiar shaping than it is really. I have some similarly shaped pipes but they're generally shorter than six inches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:22 am

Cart, Marco's got a morta bulldog up for sale which is small enough to suit your taste. Maybe you would like to go and have a look at it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:30 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
Cart, Marco's got a morta bulldog up for sale which is small enough to suit your taste. Maybe you would like to go and have a look at it?

At the amount it sits now it will only go higher, higher then I can afford. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Received a notice from customs today that they want prove of payment before they release my pipe.  So I directed them to eBay!  Hopefully I will have the pipe by end of this week, almost a month after I bought it.

Living in Bananaland is no joke!  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:44 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Received a notice from customs today that they want prove of payment before they release my pipe.  So I directed them to eBay!  Hopefully I will have the pipe by end of this week, almost a month after I bought it.

Living in Bananaland is no joke!  Evil or Very Mad

Bananaland , I like that.
Be careful when you bend over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Our soccer team is called Bafana Bafana from the country Banana Banana....says it all, not so? Btw, our Bafana Bafana has perfected their goal to avoid scoring. They do it in every game they play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:52 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Our soccer team is called Bafana Bafana from the country Banana Banana....says it all, not so? Btw, our Bafana Bafana has perfected their goal to avoid scoring.  They do it in every game they play.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:59 am

I received the pipe today, not what I expected.

I can only hope it smokes better than it looks.

My first and last Moretti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Moretti   Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:05 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
I received the pipe today, not what I expected.

I can only hope it smokes better than it looks.

My first and last Moretti

The pics make it look like a pretty decent pipe; may I ask what you don't like about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Moretti
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: