HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Hello all. Our own Scottie Piersel has offered to do the 2014 BOB POY and we are pleased to announce the official project launch!

For more information on Scottie, please visit ladybriar.com, and there is also a podcast with an interview with Scottie on the Pipes Magazine Radio Show.

The pipes will be $150, if you want one you can contact her directly by PM here, ordering will begin now and run through roughly thanksgiving so she can have time to get everyone their pipes by Christmas. Although the admin team fully endorses Scottie and this project, this is a direct buy project with no minimums and no middleman, meaning the purchase is on an individual basis between the buyer and the pipemaker. The BOB admin team will have no part in the collection of funds and distribution of pipes, and all communication regarding payment and delivery is to be handled directly between the individual buyer and the pipemaker.

The pipe and description from the maker:

"This is the pipe.  It is my take on a little clay pipe. I am calling them the "Scottie" Clay Briar.  The shank is lined with stainless steel tube all the way to the bowl.  They are very strong and lightweight.  The chamber is .5" at the bottom and tapered to .625" (depends on the block) at the top.  Total length is somewhere around 7" depending on the block used.  I am in the process of acquiring blocks that will make the overall length 8"+.  Shank diameter at the stem is right at .30"

klause

Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:26 am

Brilliant.

That is a staggeringly gorgeous pipe...........can't wait to get one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:39 am

She did tell me that there would be choices in finish (smooths, blasts, etc) also, and everyone is certainly welcome to discuss the project here and have fun with it. I'm sure she'll chime in soon, I caught here on a weekend away when I posted this announcement.

This project is different from the rest because, instead of weeks of discussion over shapes, styles, makers etc, we had a pipemaker come to us and say "Hey, how about this?"  Smile 
Makes it a lot easier, and it's a very cool looking pipe.  Cool 

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Going to try my best to get in on this one. Great pipe at a great price. Thanks Scottie your a big cup of awesome! cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:48 pm

That's a bargain for one her pipes, gotta get in on that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
7ach

Registration date : 2013-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Very interested. I hope to make this work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Hiram-2011 wrote:
That's a bargain for one her pipes, gotta get in on that!

Yes. Plus it's a very pretty shape!

Cool 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 pm

I really like it, even if it's a straight pipe.
I've been want'en to get one of Scotties pipes for a long time now,
reckon I oughta strike while the iRons hot.  Wink 
Besides if BD's gett'en one I'm gona have'ta.

That's a inside joke!  Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
I really like it, even if it's a straight pipe.
I've been want'en to get one of Scotties pipes for a long time now,
reckon I oughta strike while the iRons hot.  Wink 
Besides if BD's gett'en one I'm gona have'ta.

That's a inside joke!  Wink 

You won't be disappointed Ron. Straight stem or not!

sunny 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:43 am

Oh my. So tempting. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 am

Sorry for not chiming in sooner. I was out of town helping my aunt move this weekend.

I am excited for this project. I really like this little pipe a lot! Please pm me if you would like one and I will get you on the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:12 am

I've got one of Scottie's...a jewel. Hoping this will be number two.

I love that one of our own is doing this. I love that in having it happen that way we end up with a really unique spin...the clay homage being way cool. I also applaud that we just had Scottie decide on the design. To my mind there's NO WAY we would have had such a unique shape if it had been done 'by committee'.

So all in all, totally excited here!  (Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!) 

cheers  cheers  cheers

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I've got one of Scottie's...a jewel. Hoping this will be number two.

To my mind there's NO WAY we would have had such a unique shape if it had been done 'by committee'.

cheers  cheers  cheers

Sure we could have done it by committee. But the bowl would have been on the other end and probably upside-down. You know how committees work.

By the way...I am definitely in on this one. (Unless over-ruled by the rest of the committee...wifey). Just kidding. Knowing her, she will probably insist on buying it for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Buckshot...do you rent that wife of yours out?

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Buckshot...do you rent that wife of yours out?

In a word...NOPE.   Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm most likley in on this one, but I'll be moving into my new house in about 6 weeks or so, so, who knows? We'll see how broke I am...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:55 am

I'm getting in on this. Can't help myself. BTW, since it's being run as a buyer to pipemaker sale it might also be reasonable to add a version of this post to the Town Crier section also. Seems like it would be appropriate and might get some more eyes on it. Can't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:25 pm

BOOM! And just like that, I'm on the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:37 pm

OH wow, Scottie, she's a beaut! I think I might have to make this my first offical BoB pipe. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:20 am

What an eye catching design! cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Got a big ol' box if briar in the mail today! Going to start the first few pipes this week.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com Online
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:48 pm

OH YEAH!  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:33 pm

I don't usually go the straight pipe route but I am always going to get a BoB POY and Scottie makes darn nice pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:41 pm

kaiser83 wrote:
I don't usually go the straight pipe route but I am always going to get a BoB POY and Scottie makes darn nice pipes.

Hey, it's a kaiser sighting!

bom

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!   Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Lol, I pop in from time to time, just don't comment as much anymore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next