HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Salvo en route as of yesterday afternoon! On target & on schedule! bom

UPDATED: Looks like it hit the target... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: MEDIC!!!!!   Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Medic needed in Hockley, TX Stat!!!

Last night, I arrived home late (10:30) to shrapnel over my lawn from two bombs that landed while I was working.  Fortunately, no one was injured and I was able to collect the evidence below of the perpetrators.

Salvo #1  Late last night

" />

" />

Thinking that the two missiles were strays, I felt safe to go to work, and headed off for a short day at the office.  I was at lunch and out of cell phone reach, when my wife heard the drones of multiple bombers and just barely had time to dive out of the way!   She  tried calling and then texted me (which I got after I got back to the office) to let me know that all were safe, but that I had better prepare for a cleanup when I got home!  I leave work @ 2pm and will be hurrying home to survey the damage.  

Preliminary pictures from the ground are starting to trickle in!

Salvo #2  While I was at lunch

" />

Y'all are a sneaky bunch!

I honestly am surprised. I haven't been a member on BoB long, and a squadron member even less. I am thankful for everyone here and your generosity. I will post more later after I get home.

Last edited by d4klutz on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:50 pm

I have a direct hit and just need some confirmation from the target. One bomblette does not make for shock and awe, but it is a start!

Edit: Confirmation received...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:25 pm

No direct hit for me! And another US Postal Service fail!Mad

It seems my missile decided to bypass a more direct route and delay its detonation by taking a trip to Disneyland. 5)

Yep, it's in Anaheim! scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm tracking the ordinance dropped by The Ginger Lady and it appears on track. Awaiting confirmation of hit to target. God have mercy on your soul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:26 pm

As evidenced in the picture, the war piglets flew well on their wings and delivered the bomb correctly and on time! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:20 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
No direct hit for me! And another US Postal Service fail!Mad

It seems my missile decided to bypass a more direct route and delay its detonation by taking a trip to Disneyland. 5)

Yep, it's in Anaheim! scratch

Mine is catching an Astros games. Gee thanks for the empty promises and shattered dreams USPS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:01 pm

re: misdirected packages. Sounds like my bomb last month! Hopefully it will take less than a week to straighten out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:20 pm

DrT999 wrote:
re: misdirected packages. Sounds like my bomb last month! Hopefully it will take less than a week to straighten out!

yup. mine is 30 miles away...
as of 6:15 am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Same here.

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:32 pm

This is the 2nd delayed parcel in a row for me. I sent some GLP tins to Brother via 2-day Priority and my package decided to take a 3 day vacation in Virginia. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:23 pm

A new service of 'Brothers of Briar' - "Ask BoB"

Dear BoB -

So..my wife texts me from her work...asks if I want her to pick anything up on her way home (I'm home today). I know she's thinking fast food or a fast dive into a grocery. But I text her back: one bottle of "Rare Breed" instead. Did I do the right thing?

- Thirsty in Oregon

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
A new service of 'Brothers of Briar' - "Ask BoB"

Dear BoB -

So..my wife texts me from her work...asks if I want her to pick anything up on her way home (I'm home today). I know she's thinking fast food or a fast dive into a grocery. But I text her back: one bottle of "Rare Breed" instead. Did I do the right thing?

- Thirsty in Oregon

Cool

That's a winning choice, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the bombing run. :-p
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:32 pm

No...I know. Just drumming my fingers on the table here...waitin' for the detonation of my goods...bored...antsy...a bit frustrated...

It's definitely a dangerous combination.

It's like when we took a family road trip into the hinterlands one year and WAY out in the middle of nowhere we come upon this little lean to...shack store built onto and out the side of a double wide...and in three foot high letters painted all the way across one wall it says...

"GUNS...LIQUOR...AMMO"

Maybe we should a stopped.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
This is the 2nd delayed parcel in a row for me. I sent some GLP tins to Brother via 2-day Priority and my package decided to take a 3 day vacation in Virginia. Mad

Well, some of us Virginians are keen on snagging GLP tins. It's a good thing it got through without catching my gaze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Damage report... 8/29/2014

I arrived home to find my living room in shambles.  As evidenced by the preliminary photo earlier, 5 boxes did arrive today.  I believe the mail carrier was unable to fit all ordinance in her vehicle as we are on a rural route served by a post office the size of a two person outhouse.  Ah, but I digress.  I got home, let te bewildered dogs out to do their business, cleaned up the kitchen, and then proceeded to put things in order.

Starting with the payloads delivered yesterday, I found the following:

1 bag of Sea Salt Crunch (which is hidden from wife and kid as I would not have any left if I had not done so)
1 bag of Black Mallory
2 bundles of pipe cleaners
1 tin Best Brown Flake
1 tin Old Dark Fired
1 tin Red Va
1 bag of GH Brown Flake Unscented
1 clay pipe
1 moisture button

Today:
1 Savanelli 2013 Christmas pipe rusticated
1 bag of grade 1 sumatra coffee (whole bean)  
1 bag of Boswells Mild English
1 customized MM cob (awesome custom job)
1 tin of Squadron Leader
1 bag 2010 FVF
1 tin C&D Guilford Flake
1 tin C&D Red Carpet
1 tin each of Matured Va 22, 24, and 25
1 tin McClelland's Holiday Spirit 2014
2 MM cob pipes
1 very cool bamboo handled tamper
1 bundle of pipe cleaners
1 14oz sealed container of Carter Hall
1 bag of King Charles' Smoking Mixture
1 bag Best Brown Flake
1 bag Chathaw Gold
1 big bag of Squadron Leader
1 big bag of 4noggins Weybridge

Gosh!  That's a haul and a half!  Blessings upon you all for your extreme generosity.   I am sure that I will still be digging myself out of this crater y'all left tomorrow.  The scary part?  I know that there is another wave headed in tomorrow!    

Last edited by d4klutz on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:58 pm

What's that ticking sound I hear?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 pm

I am a little scared to find out. lol!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:01 pm

All I gotta say is...clear the women and children outta there, man!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:23 pm

I am curious, though, if my Fokker arrived at its destination. I didn't realize it would be flying on its lonesome. It went radio silent. 5)
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Can't you just check your tracking number?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 pm

The post service that my wife took it to, didn't give her a tracking #. It is because the post office (double outhouse i mentioned earlier) had closed before she could get there, and so, she sent it out via secondary mailer. *Sigh* Small towns. lol!
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm pretty sure I have that same Savinelli. Mine is a 2013 Xmas pipe #106. The chamber on mine isn't as enormous as I expected with an Italian so I started running fairly stout baccy through it. Like Coniston or Dfs. I bet it takes that ODF wonderfully if you're so inclined. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Nice haul so far, JP. Brace yourself man.

That pimped out cob is sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School   Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 am

It turns out brother JP was able to deliver one last shot before the devestation set in.  My poor little craft was nearly crippled and barely able to limp back home after being hit by his explosive generosity.
A generous sample of Mellow Monk, tins of Navy Flake, Balkan Sasieni, and Orlik Golden Slices, and some of my favorite bristle cleaners.  All blends I either enjoy or that have been on my to do list cheers
Thank you kindly JP, and enjoy digging out of your well deserved rubble Twisted Evil
Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q

Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next