HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Caught the PAD flu and need a cure...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Caught the PAD flu and need a cure...   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:58 pm

You know that thing going around, causing wallets to mysteriously turn into pipes...well I got a case of it and just bought 3 pipes >D
Fortunately they weren't that pricey, because I decided that ar least ONCE, I will buy one of them high grade pipes, the ones at least 3 Franklin's long.
I went to ebay and looked for Dunhill 5108, the only dunhill Id ever consider. But then I found, Ardor, That magical place.
I loved the designs and when i went to my B&M, I LOVE the rustication.
However I noticed that some Rinaldo pipes have interesting designs too, though the Ardors are still my favorite. Dunhill, Ardor, Rinaldo... oy
I have a few Boswells that I love but I can only get one of these types. My max is $400 so there can be only one. I dont see many estates for these brands except for Dunhill.

I like the Ardor but they are so varied, i cant make up my mind....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beeman86

Registration date : 2014-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Caught the PAD flu and need a cure...   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:00 am

I've had the same flu. I was good for a few years actually but I started on the Peterson thing again. I always wanted one like my dad's (a 314 rusicated from the 50's in a nice leather pouch that, in his dementia he gave to my nephew who wont give it up). So I went looking on ebay and found a nice one that I won....then I found a Brigham 1/4 bent pot....then I found another Brigham (a Norseman I think). Gott 'em at a decent price...but the shipping!!!!

Anyway, I couldn't possibly help you as far as which one to get. Theyre all nice. Post which one you decide on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Caught the PAD flu and need a cure...   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:42 am

For $400 I will have a pipe made for myself, a one and only in the world, like I've done for my 70th birthday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Caught the PAD flu and need a cure...   Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 am

A custom pipe, though unique, implies I know what the pipe would look, feel like. I have ideas but wouldnt know if it were it unless I saw it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Caught the PAD flu and need a cure...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1