HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Need local community guidance.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Need local community guidance.   Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello brothers,

Wasnt sure if this was the right place to put this but...
As i travel back from a wonderful Pennsylvania vacation, and week of pipe smoking every day, I started to think about how I learned how to smoke a pipe.

My neighbor was a good fellow and got me into the hobby but its been 12 yrs since I packed my first pipe. What ive learned about packing, or filling as i try to think of it, was through the wisdom and advice available on the internet.

As useful as it is, pipe smoking is a tactile event. Like cooking a steak, it isnt something you learn just by reading. Experience is great, but practice doesnt necessarily mean perfect.

I am looking for an experienced pipe smoker in my area who would be willing to have me share a smoke with but to assess and guide my technique. I am the only pipe smoker I know here. BoB is the one place I trust with this
Type of request.

Many thanks to you all for the consideration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Need local community guidance.   Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:50 pm

I work at JFK. I'm close to where you are. I'd be up for a smoke! I also belong to the "Hudson Valley Pipe Club". We meet in Newburgh & Pleasant Valley. That might be a hike for you though....

How about hooking up with our very own B.O.B. member, Lou Carbone aka "Skaukatt" aka "President of the New York Pipe Club"?

http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/

What say you, Lou?
You're in Queens aren't you??? king 

We are all around, you just have to ask! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Need local community guidance.   Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Thank you Doverpipes, That would be awesome!

I remember Lou from waaay back when i think Vernon was president. He was the nicest of all the members, even bought me a drink. Though i never followed up with anyone. Due a bit to embarrassment.

Newburgh would be a hike, but Im sure we can think of a way thats more local. I do live in Queens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Need local community guidance.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1