HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Just thought some of you might get a kick out of things on my side of the fence, so here goes. A few or more days ago, cause at my age I can't even remember what I want to forget, I drug myself out to give the P/U Truck it's annual wash (my back is still telling me about it). Yeah! That's right, annual wash, it gets washed about the same time I get a hair cut which is once a year. Anyway, to the facts.
My P/U gets pretty dirty you may imagine and around here because of the humidity it gets pretty mildewed so ya gotta scrub. Needless to say it was black and slimy in the bed and all around the edges including with what looked like rust spots forming. But, as you know or don't know, I'm color blind and after look'en at it closely I found it to be, Yep! you guessed it, moss about a 1/8" thick on only the North side of the truck. Makes sense right! Hey, it's not a tree but, where else would it grow? Well, we got out the ole 3M 80 grit pad and went ta scrubb'en, took nearly 2 hours to clean that truck so it looked white again (at least I think it's white). I think maybe I'll start clean'en'er twice a year from now on...........and pay a neighbor kid to do it.

Last edited by Cartaphilus on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Don't get too enthusiastic about that cleaning stuff. Dirt is an important element in what keeps the body all together as they get older !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:50 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Don't get too enthusiastic about that cleaning stuff. Dirt is an important element in what keeps the body all together as they get older !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Ah!............I take showers regularly......and I hope others do the same.
If not for there sake but, for at least mine. Suspect

Thankfully my truck doesn't develop Body Odor from the lack of washes I give it.
Back to top Go down
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:41 pm

My pickup is green and rusty, so I don't worry about washing it. It all blends together which is nice living in a rain forest!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Thankfully my truck doesn't develop Body Odor from the lack of washes I give it.

I wasn't talking about YOUR body you old fart, the TRUCK body is what's important!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Your body is past any form of redemption!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:29 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

I wasn't talking about YOUR body you old fart, the TRUCK body is what's important!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Your body is past any form of redemption!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hey, I didn't know if you might have been a kin to that old man in Iran.
And as far as my Bod, I'm still too sexy for my hat!
Back to top Go down
Oxman

Registration date : 2014-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:13 am

I have just spent the last few days cleaning my old Land Rover for sale, damn me but I never noticed all of the moss growing round the window frames before I started this thankless task. Anyway its mostly off now but hell its a utility vehicle after all, not a showroom filler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:08 am

Oxman wrote:
I have just spent the last few days cleaning my old Land Rover for sale, damn me but I never noticed all of the moss growing round the window frames before I started this thankless task.  Anyway its mostly off now but hell its a utility vehicle after all, not a showroom filler.

Really, on the windows? I would have thought that would be the last place it grow.
I bet it's easier to roll the windows now.
Back to top Go down
Oxman

Registration date : 2014-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?   Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
Oxman wrote:
I have just spent the last few days cleaning my old Land Rover for sale, damn me but I never noticed all of the moss growing round the window frames before I started this thankless task.  Anyway its mostly off now but hell its a utility vehicle after all, not a showroom filler.

Really, on the windows? I would have thought that would be the last place it grow.
I bet it's easier to roll the windows now.

Strange isnt it? The back windows never get used and the moss just grows happily in the corners!! - They do open nicely though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Did Ya Know That Moss Doesn't Only Grow On Trees?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1