HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 pm

A game...maybe a box pass...something!

How about 5 one ounce samples...pass to the left? Three tins...pass to the right? I don't know. If some guys say they want in, I'll think of something fun...but not as complicated as that Pirate Booty thing! Whew! I'm thinking small time and effort investment...huge payoff! Drool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:32 am

Not been a box pass in a few years... You started the bombing raids like 2 weeks before the 2nd Annual Ken Collins box pass was to be announced and I let it die. Figured the bombing runs was more suitable to his memory anyway, especially since no knew really knew I considered it 'in his memory'. 😃

puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 am

But one thing I do know, book lovers and brick layers don't do box passes.

nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:37 am

I'd be down for a box pass, they're always fun. Put me in coach!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:42 am

We don't allow Kentuckians on the board.... Unless they are Cardinal Fans.. The Red Jersey or The Blue, make your choice Neo.

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:50 am

PB - Never heard that about the KV Pass before...really a different kinda thing, room for more than one event, etc.

Anyway...if this thing ends up as a pass, it's not going to be a 'round and back' pass. At least not done by me. I was just thinking about a 'names in a hat draw one and pass to that guy' thing. I guess that's not a pass. I don't want to have to collect tons of stuff from guys and send it out and monitor along the way.

I want to think of a simple two step 'send something/get something' thing. The trick is to send things that guys will actually want to get. Not like sending Mr. Brit flake lover a pound of scuzzy aros, or whatever...you get the drift.

I'll have to think on this a bit. Maybe category sign ups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:04 am

I got to thinking about it and changed my mind...I'd be up for a box pass. Gotta act fast though to take advantage of the Halloween theme opportunity. I'll think about it a bit more and come up with a bunch of unreasonable and conflicting rules, etc. and then post it as Halloween Turkey Pass (since the time span will usually run a little long. I'll put a lid on it re sign ups so it doesn't go too long...gotta keep outta Santa's way, etc.

Thinking now that it will be organized as a sealed tin or 2 oz bulk minimum...no American Aros...maybe done in categories (put in a VA/Per to take a VA/Per sorta thing)...but maybe not.

No advice given by Puros Bran can be heeded by any participant. You know, the basics! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:04 am

puros_bran wrote:
,,,,, the 2nd Annual Ken Collins box pass ,,,,,,, especially since no knew really knew I considered it 'in his memory'.   😃

Well, yeah, I DID. I'd like to see SOMETHING along these lines in memory of him. He was the real deal.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:24 pm

You did cause I told you pukeface... You know that's disgusting right? Plum disturbing to the sensibilities....

Okay just to be an ass.. Your idea of "everyone pass one step left" is about the grandest non box pass box pass idea ever... The kicker being, for thanksgiving everyone pass one step right on the same exact list.. If you give crap your gonna get crap. Lol

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Pass to the left is my all time fav. When younger we used to go out on the town, partying like we wuz William Powell in The Thin Man...and sitting around big tables we used to order for the person on our left, etc. We did get creative. Ouch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm always down for a Halloween scream, boss, so count me in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:40 pm

A quick look showed threads of past box passes still exist. Here is a link to one if someone wants to read though and see how such a thing plays out. Rules can be changed or modified to suit.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t482-fifth-annual-spring-forward-box-pass

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:05 pm

1. PM sent sent to GrampaGrossbart re how to sign up. You need to do it a certain way Gramps...read your PM!

2. It's always good to check out how other guys did things...but don't confuse their guideline with OUR guidelines.

Here's a link to the activity thread. I'm going to lock this one to avoid confusion, etc.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t28531-halloween-turkey-box-pass
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'm bored! Anybody want to play a game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1