HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Shaving soap recommendation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Shaving soap recommendation   Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 am

Been using g Taylors of Old Bond Street, coconut for the past few months. Using a blob just the size of a pea it produces a thick and creamy lather enough for 2 - 3 passes. Lubes nicely too and the scent is only subtle. Will definitely be buying again. Recommended!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Shaving soap recommendation   Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:39 am

D.R. Harris Windsor. A touch spendy, but worth it for the scent alone--a day starter type of thing. Your estimate may vary, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Shaving soap recommendation   Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:11 pm

I have not tried Arko, but Williams is what piqued my interest from canned foam to soaps. Someone had gifted me a Williams puck, and while I did not have a brush, I got nice enough results from just lathering it in my hands like a regular soap to realize soaps were a bump up from the cans in regard to slickness. It dried my face out something awful, though (I have a very greasy face, so that is saying something when a product dries out my face). So I went about finding something else. Being frugal, it wasn't much more costly. I gained some performance and a lot of moisturizing. It proved to be worth the additional money. The whole time, I thought $20 and $30 for a shaving soap was absurd. Fast-forward a year plus, I was gifted samples of several $20+ soaps. The types of soaps I thought were insanely priced. Guess what? Again, I found better performance and even better moisturizing. The pricing wasn't entirely bvllshit. Now, whether that improved performance was worth 2-3Xs the price is up to each individual. My point is that it is worth exploring shaving soaps. They are not all created equal. A $20 soap is going to be better than a $10 soap, and a $10 soap is going to be better than a $2 soap.

Kiss My Face 4 in 1 continues to prove itself a great value. For $6 for 11oz, it performs as well as many of the $15 soaps I've tried, and it remains one of the best moisturizing soaps/creams I've tried. It leaves my face feeling like a baby's cheek. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Shaving soap recommendation   Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:02 pm

One thing to remember, ALL of the reccomendations are based on how these soaps work for the individuals who use them. For example, the Williams soap dries out one persons face yet does not on mine. Pick one at a time, use the WHOLE puck before going to another so that you have a good idea how it works for you.. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Shaving soap recommendation   Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm

monbla256 wrote:
One thing to remember, ALL of the reccomendations are based on how these soaps work for the individuals who use them. For example, the Williams soap dries out one persons face yet does not on mine. Pick one at a time, use the WHOLE puck before going to another so that you have a good idea how it works for you.

EXCELLENT ADVICE....👍👍👍

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Shaving soap recommendation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4