HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Secret Santa 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
beardedbassguy

avatar

Age : 38
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:56 pm

scotties22 wrote:
I raided my cellar this morning and went on a bit of a shopping spree for a few more things.  Now I have to start the "homemade" side of my gift.....gonna be some brittle and fudge, I think. Very Happy

MMMMMMmmmmm fudge...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Beaverton, OR
Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:20 pm

OOOOOOOH BOY, this is gonna be a good one.... got my target and I am excited!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smg913

avatar

Age : 30
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Santa with secrets..... Hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

avatar

Age : 38
Location : PA
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Missed cut off date by two days! Rasm frasm.
Guess I'll just sit this one out this year and watch from the sidelines. I had so much fun putting my box together last year. Someone's going to miss out on some great cookies and candy because of my tardiness I'll have you know! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
scotties22

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Missouri
Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Briarbabe wrote:
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Missed cut off date by two days! Rasm frasm.
Guess I'll just sit this one out this year and watch from the sidelines. I had so much fun putting my box together last year. Someone's going to miss out on some great cookies and candy because of my tardiness I'll have you know! Wink

Let me just give you my address. My hungry hoard LOVES cookies and candy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Briarbabe

avatar

Age : 38
Location : PA
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:52 pm

scotties22 wrote:
Briarbabe wrote:
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Missed cut off date by two days! Rasm frasm.
Guess I'll just sit this one out this year and watch from the sidelines. I had so much fun putting my box together last year. Someone's going to miss out on some great cookies and candy because of my tardiness I'll have you know! Wink

Let me just give you my address.  My hungry hoard LOVES cookies and candy Very Happy

Haha Scottie, I'll bet! Lord I've missed you folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:16 pm

It's quite early, but it's possible mind you, that there could be Secret Santa packages on the way. It's unusual to have some on the way already. But it happens. So watch those bushes on the edge of the porch like a hawk. The wind might be blowing your Secret Santa package over to the neighbors! santa

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

avatar

Age : 59
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Carlos wrote:
It's quite early, but it's possible mind you, that there could be Secret Santa packages on the way.  It's unusual to have some on the way already.  But it happens.  So watch those bushes on the edge of the porch like a hawk.  The wind might be blowing your Secret Santa package over to the neighbors!  santa  

Wow . . . somebody make a deal with a home-delivery coal company?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
beardedbassguy

avatar

Age : 38
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Carlos wrote:
It's quite early, but it's possible mind you, that there could be Secret Santa packages on the way.  It's unusual to have some on the way already.  But it happens.  So watch those bushes on the edge of the porch like a hawk.  The wind might be blowing your Secret Santa package over to the neighbors!  santa  

Wow . . . somebody make a deal with a home-delivery coal company?

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

avatar

Age : 51
Location : Oak View CA
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 pm

someone may or may not be getting a pipe for Christmas. Hand crafted from coal. And I won't use a bowl coating.

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:40 am

the rev wrote:
someone may or may not be getting a pipe for Christmas.  Hand crafted from coal.  And I won't use a bowl coating.

rev

Hopefully this person is still in your good graces. I love you Who could it be? Thy Lord tests thee in mysterious ways.

PS, if it's made of coal, that's pretty much all bowl coating, right?

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:42 am

Carlos wrote:
It's quite early, but it's possible mind you, that there could be Secret Santa packages on the way.  It's unusual to have some on the way already.  But it happens.  So watch those bushes on the edge of the porch like a hawk.  The wind might be blowing your Secret Santa package over to the neighbors!  santa  

Haven't even slaughtered the damn turkey yet! Geez!

Calm down, santas! Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

avatar

Age : 27
Location : coast of mississippi
Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Can't wait, my target is so worthy of the retribution he is going to receive! If people are already getting stuff out that is quite impressive, I am just starting on the gathering of my gifts. It will be a month long gathering of various tobacco, non tobacco, and possible hand made goodies!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:12 pm

JohnnyFlake started this on Stokershaven..
I picked it up from Johnny on Knoxcigar..
Carlos picked it up from me on BoB..

This particular SecretSanta chain stretches over three boards and at least 12 years time. Pretty wild when you sit and thank about it. I wish there were some way to have a number on the packages that have been sent and the number of lb's shipped.

_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:10 pm

puros_bran wrote:
JohnnyFlake started this on Stokershaven..
I picked it up from Johnny on Knoxcigar..
Carlos picked it up from me on BoB..

This particular SecretSanta chain stretches over three boards and at least 12 years time.  Pretty wild when you sit and thank about it.  I wish there were some way to have a number on the packages that have been sent and the number of lb's shipped.

Neat. It's good to know the heritage of it all. santa "Merry Bastards from Way-Back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man



Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:41 pm

This is really a lot of fun! I have had the best time tonight browsing the interwebs looking for just the right things for my recipient. I won't be sending my package out until at least the first week of December though... you just never know what other "must buy" items may just pop up before then. I'm feeling all Christmasy. Laughing santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

avatar

Age : 104
Location : The Mountains
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
JohnnyFlake started this on Stokershaven..
I picked it up from Johnny on Knoxcigar..
Carlos picked it up from me on BoB..

This particular SecretSanta chain stretches over three boards and at least 12 years time.  Pretty wild when you sit and thank about it.  I wish there were some way to have a number on the packages that have been sent and the number of lb's shipped.

Neat.  It's good to know the heritage of it all.   santa   "Merry Bastards from Way-Back."  

Hells yeah! So that's a big thanks to PB as well as Carlos, and this Johnny cat, too--a worthy tradition, and I'm honored to take part in it every year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Nope. Wasn't begging for a personal acknowledgment.. Just wanted the guys to realize what they are taking part in. To some it's easy to think 'it's just a pipe board' but we really are the legacy of some of the very first Internet pipe guys (for better AND worse..lol) well, some of us are the very first Internet pipe guys.. MikeM, Carlos, and a few other names come to mind. Old codgers...lol

_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:36 pm

My internet pipe days started with alt.smokers.pipe in the mid to late 90s with Steve Masticola. Back when I used AOL as my ISP, what a strange and wonderful trip it has been!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

avatar

Age : 51
Location : Souderton, PA
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Fatman wrote:
My internet pipe days started with alt.smokers.pipe in the mid to late 90s with Steve Masticola. Back when I used AOL as my ISP, what a strange and wonderful trip it has been!

That brings back memories! I used to read Steve's mailing list on the University VAX system . "Pipe smokers will rule the world if they don't run out of matches" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 am

I think Adam was on ASP when Eve didn't have him out tending Apple trees.

_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:39 am

This year marks the 12th consecutive Secret Santa I have participated in that is in the chain that PB lists. It's been running for many years. It's also that time of year when I think back on many that have come and gone. Remembering those who have passed on that made this so much fun. Pondering what ever happened to some that simply disappeared. I was, still am a member of several boards. But I don't have much time for others any more. After Sailorman Jack passed and the "Morning Watch" went away, I lost interest in ASP. Kind of neat to be a part of a legacy.

santa

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:40 am

Carlos, since you brought it up.. What happened to chuck (chksbk or whatever he went by) I haven't seen him in a couple years but I remember logging in on the occasional Saturday morning to talk to you two back on knox.

_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:45 am

BoB wasn't the same and I think he just kind of wandered off. And I think there was some confusion with a nutter using a similar username.

What ever happened to Regor? I recall that his wife passed on. He had to leave the ranch and get rid of his donkey. After that it was a few odd messages. A couple phone calls, and he disappeared. I still chuckle about that pipe of the year that Mark Tinsky made for us and one showed up in Roger's mailbox. I think he must have pestered Mark half to death till he maybe gave me up as the person to talk to about it. Good times.

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Orlando, FL
Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:19 am

Fatman wrote:
My internet pipe days started with alt.smokers.pipe in the mid to late 90s with Steve Masticola. Back when I used AOL as my ISP, what a strange and wonderful trip it has been!

I was active on alt.smokers.pipes back then as well. Fond memories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Secret Santa 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The British secret files (I & II)
» Ivor Slipper - Spanky Santa Claus - It's Magic
» Madeleine McCann's fate may never be revealed 'after chief suspect takes secret to his grave' /The Mirror
» Dr Martin Roberts: THE LIE DETECTOR -9/1/2014-the mccannfiles
» REINADO INTERNACIONAL DEL CAFÉ 2014- BRAZIL WON!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: