HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What are your must-have production pipe brands?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Production brands for me would be Savinelli and Peterson, since I have more of them than any other marquee. Not saying they're any better or worse than any other production pipe, just that I don't have the history with others.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Soshae, that may be true if we were talking low production type stuff.. I don't foresee a run on Pete's or Sav's pushing them into the unobtanium category... Unless someone has very deep pockets and a truck stop full of trailers worth of storage. But even then they'd just crank out another several hundred thousand and poof.. No problem.

If the Op had asked for out-of-production that'd be an entirely different story.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Soshae, that may be true if we were talking low production type stuff.. I don't foresee a run on Pete's or Sav's pushing them into the unobtanium category... Unless someone has very deep pockets and a truck stop full of trailers worth of storage.    But even then they'd just crank out another several hundred thousand and poof.. No problem.

If the Op had asked for out-of-production that'd be an entirely different story.

True, but it can sure push prices up... supply and demand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 pm

puros_bran wrote:

I missed the dirt cheap Cavicchis because I was underemployed or over married  at the time and didn't have the extra dough.  

What shape are you partial to Butthead?

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:43 pm

Peterson estates - I have 3 an all are excellent smokers, a 999, a 314, and a pre-republic
BSP - any of his pipes. He made a horn that will smoke anything I put in it to a fine ash.
Savanelli - Oom Paul that smokes super well.
Alpha - I have a gremilin that is as ugly as its name, but it smokes a dream. Not many people seem to like Alphas. They have a very good draw, but the shapes (of the ones I have seen) are hardly ever well done.
Growley - I have a split sitter oom paul that he custom made for me. Excellent smoker. I plan on buying more.

I love estate pipes. The only new pipes I have, are BSP or Growley. All the others are estates. Both savs in my collection are excellent smokers (though I prefer the Oom Paul to the straight)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:25 am

mark wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

I missed the dirt cheap Cavicchis because I was underemployed or over married  at the time and didn't have the extra dough.  

What shape are you partial to Butthead?

Don't. I'm one of the few people that have your actual home adress and have access to lots and lots of primo NY (both Saratoga and Belmont variety) horse shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 am

Simple Man wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
Soshae, that may be true if we were talking low production type stuff.. I don't foresee a run on Pete's or Sav's pushing them into the unobtanium category... Unless someone has very deep pockets and a truck stop full of trailers worth of storage.    But even then they'd just crank out another several hundred thousand and poof.. No problem.

On the one off type stuff or the highend new stuff yeah.. Or the ebay estate stuff yeah.. But a new Pete is pretty much a new Pete cost regardless..15 other guys on BoB buying a new one ain't gonna muck that up much.
Besides, pretty much anyone of us could have named 9 out of 10 that would make up the answers before the question was asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What are your must-have production pipe brands?    Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:53 am

puros_bran wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

On the one off type stuff or the highend new stuff yeah.. Or the ebay estate stuff yeah.. But a new Pete is pretty much a new Pete cost regardless..15 other guys on BoB buying a new one ain't gonna muck that up much.  
Besides, pretty much anyone of us could have named 9 out of 10 that would make up the answers before the question was asked.

Oh, I know this little area of the pipe smoking community isn't going to have much effect on Peterson prices, or any other brand. It would have to be a pipe buying frenzy throughout the world to have any real effect on a certain brands prices. I think we were both just having a bit of fun of redirecting attention. The only time I feel the competition on this board is when Mattia lists a certain pipe that I want a few days before payday. Laughing

Trust me, it would probably do my bank account better if I had a hard time finding pipes I like. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are your must-have production pipe brands?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2