HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Hey! Not so fast! There are still one or two items yet to arrive. At least one for sure.

Ya, I stand corrected!

silent

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Hey! Not so fast! There are still one or two items yet to arrive. At least one for sure.

Trust me, I know.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm not sure if that's exciting or scary...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Gawith Hogarth & Co Dark Birdseye remains one of the top five tobaccos of all time. I say that to say this. Semois is DBE's townie cousin. They look alike, even act quite a bit alike but Semois enunciates his words and puts a shirt on before answering the door. Semois will still knock you upside the head if you act a fool but at least ya ain't rasslin in the mud with some stank arm pit rubbin your nose in a headlock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 pm

I had a bit of the Manil Semois last year and it did slap me upside the head.

I know to respect the dark G&H blends, heck Dark Flake Scented is one of the greatest joys in life but it will have me on the throne if I forget my kid gloves.

I found the Manil Semois to be surprisingly strong, somewhere in the same realm as the strong Gawith's. I enjoyed the bit I had but not enough to purchase more.

I gotta say though, with the John Patton-esq dryness of the leaf, you must get a boat-load of tobacco in a 100g brick cause that stuff is pretty dang dry. Bonus points there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Yall killed him...he was a good man too. I hate you, I hate you all.  

Last edited by puros_bran on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Nice! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Oh yeah... 4 more packages came in today.

The Zombie!!!!
A package of four cigars and some nifty tins..
That cell phone from mom...
And get this, I bombed myself. I bought a pipe off of Ian... But the meds ya know. Lol. So I'm opening Ian's bomb.. I was like 'hey he sent a pipe' getting stupidly excited.l then. "Doh!!! Man you have got to be the stupidest sob on the planet". Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Sounds too familiar there PB. I just walked 8 blocks to the store, couldn't remember what I was there for. Went home took more meds and said oh crap....I was supposed to pick up meds for my daughter. LOL luckily I always get them filled a week early so when I screw up it isn't the end of the world. Glad to see they bombed the hell out of you. Have fun digging out bro.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Man, I love that Z pen holder. Cracks me up every time I look at him. Something must definitely be wrong with me. Twisted!

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm

I love all you screwballs.. Look at ya (even those of you who I totally disagree with) as brothers... And I appreciate this so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh for cryin out loud,,,he's been mushified. 5)

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Great! You guys broke PB... I hope y'all are proud of yourselves! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Yeah...well, it's not only a lie...it's a damn lie!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I love all you screwballs.. Look at ya (even those of you who I totally disagree with) as brothers... And I appreciate this so much.

And just think, at some point over the next 10 or 12 days, your Secret Santa package will arrive! (I didn't miss that, did I?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:19 pm

PB has been very helpful since I really got involved in the forum... RIP! Hehehehe! I hope he can make it back to the threads in either ghost form or zombie form Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:24 pm

PB as a Zombie. Hmmm.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Helpful? Nah, Just playing Barnabus to your Paul,trying to expand options for everyone here..

I had to borrow seals and rings for the mason jars. I couldn't locate the ones I stashed after canning pickles and amazingly no one sells them in November.. Purchase a twelve pack of Mason Jars or do without...SMH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:56 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Helpful? Nah, Just playing Barnabus to your Paul,trying to expand options for everyone here..  

I had to borrow seals and rings for the mason jars. I couldn't locate the ones I stashed after canning pickles and  amazingly no one sells them in November.. Purchase a twelve pack of Mason Jars or do without...SMH.
A delightful problem to have? Twisted Evil But seriously, thank you for your service & involvement on BoB sir! The pic of you sitting (dumbfounded?) on the bed takes the cake. A true bombing if ever I've seen one!

Hope you start puffing soon; winter's upon us!!! (Well, not us here out in CA. It's just rainy, thank God.)

All the best! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:49 pm

As I mentioned, this was a great bombing.. and well deserved

I don't pretend to know PB, but I will impart a quick story for you. A couple of years ago I bought a few pipes from him along with and 2-3 tins of baccy which he promptly shipped. I opened the box and there were the tins and the pipes along with a bunch of baggies full of unexpected tobaccos, all very good ones might I add.

I PM'd him and thanked him for the extra tobacco to which he replied, "Extra tobacco? That was packing material!" Laughing

I thought to myself, now there's a cool dude! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:52 pm

I thought it was funny anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:24 pm

I got hit again..  Hard.  And the brother dug deep to get me too.. I'll post a pic and explain later..   Nice one D&B. Shocked Laughing cheers cheers I'll chuck a hint out there, it's an extremely expensive fragment of the bible.. IF it were possible to aquire the entirety of the bible in like manner the cost would exceed $2000.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Dumsandbeer dug deep on this one... And knocked a frrikkin home run over the Big Green Monster and straight up out of the ballpark...
Absolutely love it, I've wanted one for years! Thankyou Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have an extremely long memory or have figured out how to search the site way better than I have.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Good stuff! R. Crumb is one of my favorite illustrators.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!   Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:46 pm

PB, You're welcome. I see you wasted little time getting straight to the juicy stuff.  Lot was a party animal. lol!

R. Crumb used to live about 20 minutes away from the town I am in. Winters CA, where he lived for quite some time, is full of all sorts of weird pieces of his work. He's an extremely interesting guy to say the least. His illustrated Genesis is definitely his magnum opus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Official November BoB Bombing Thread ::: Jive Turkey!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next