HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New CD offer **DONE**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:30 am

Rande, I've just posted the link to the Google Drive Thomas posted on Stogie Friends, my DA Journal and Gigarank, I'll let you know of any and all feedback you get Buddy. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:28 am

I love it Rande, not so keen on #7 but I still like the song, I like Face In The Mirror very much. sunny

I've got one response on Gigarank so far from iGdesigner, his name is Greg and he heralds from Poland.

Quote :
Definately it is odd music type, what it is? I can listen to it. Although I have listened to only one song and I can say that he has done a good job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:04 am

Briar Spirit wrote:
Thomas Tkach wrote:
If you click here you should be able to download the songs.

Thanks again RR for sharing.

Awesome share there Buddy, nice one. cheers cheers cheers

@Rande, is that you on vocals by any chance!?

Yes sir, except where Susanna has the lead vox.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:39 am

Brewdude wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Damn Rande, I've been listening to this most of today, you guys have wonderful voices, I'm totally infatuated with the feeling in these songs, have you guys got any other songs recorded, damn boy, you two should be doing clubs and venues, you're both FANTASTIC. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:45 am

Briar Spirit wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Damn Rande, I've been listening to this most of today, you guys have wonderful voices, I'm totally infatuated with the feeling in these songs, have you guys got any other songs recorded, damn boy, you two should be doing clubs and venues, you're both FANTASTIC. cheers cheers cheers

Thanks for the kind words mate. Yes, I have 5 other CDs to my credit but none are available in digital format. I just make those funny looking little round things!

bom

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:06 pm

For those who are first hearing this work digitally, here are the liner notes that appear on the inside of the CD. I had to edit some of this a bit in order to get it to fit, so what appears below is the unedited version.

This collection encompasses some fairly recent compositions of mine going back 3-4 years, and one that I wrote for a different project going back 6 years or so. Yet that particular cut (Face In The Mirror) was too good to let lay idle so I've included it here (see further explanation).

I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the way these have turned out, even though a few venture into a genre that I never thought I'd be involved in. Yet songwriting is a curious thing as it sometimes takes on a life of its own. One only has to pay attention and follow it to its logical conclusion. So then, the romantic forays are quite in the realm of the "fantasies" that the title of this project is all about and not some realistic manifestation!

My sincere thanks and gratitude go to the gifted musicians who appear here, as without their fine contributions this project would not have been possible. I feel very fortunate to have been allowed to work with them, as they are all quite more talented than myself!

This work began in earnest around 2012 in a home recording studio owned by my long time friend and former band mate Len Czajka, who has also contributed some very fine bass tracks. In early 2014 the project was moved to Blissman Studios in Tacoma, and engineer/owner Wayne Bliss has proven more than capable of taking this project through to completion, as well as contributing his own fine bass playing.

I feel these are some of my finest compositions, and hope you will enjoy them at least as much as I do.

Rande Reed
August, 2014

This CD is dedicated to the memory of my old friend, bassist, recording engineer, and fine gentleman Len Czajka, who died suddenly when this work was in its final stages. It's a great pity he'll never be able to hear how it turned out. I believe he would approve.

RIP my good buddy, you will be missed.

Leonard Czajka (1951 – 2014)  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FACE IN THE MIRROR

This was to be the title track for a very large and quite ambitious project that I began some 6 years ago. Sadly, I had to step back from it due to the kind of financial considerations it would inevitably entail. Yet the title selection was far too good to let lay idle, so it was resurrected for inclusion on this project.

Thanks to the very gifted talents of Susanna Fuller who not only gave voice to this selection, she was also instrumental in writing the lyrics which had everything to do with the story line for that project (which she also developed), and is based in Irish Mythology. By way of a short synopsis I've included her explanation of that number so as to better understand what in the hell it is all about-

The main character of "Face in the Mirror" is the famed hero, Cuchulainn of Irish legends. He was favored by the gods as a child, where it was believed that his father was from the "Land Under the Wave". His mother was sister to King Conor of Ulster. Cuchulainn found his way as a young lad to the courts of King Conor, where he established himself by his deeds that eventually led to his being placed as one of the famous Warriors, or Knights of the Red Branch where he served the King all his life.

Cuchulainn had been placed under "geasa" by King Conor and goes reluctantly with unexplained apprehension, when the King singles him out to fight a young man who has appeared on their shores, refusing to give his name and beating in battle one of the Knights of the Red Branch.

The young man is the son of a rival Queen, Aoife of Scotland, who sent him to do battle at Ulster. Aoife tells him not to refuse a challenge, not to turn back on account of fear, and not to tell his name on any account.

In the battle, Conlaech the son, realizes that he is fighting his own father when the "hero light" he had heard about appears over Cuchulainn's head, and Conlaech intentionally misses him with his spear, giving Cuculainn opportunity to deal the death-blow to the young warrior.

In the song, the realization is beginning to sink in that Cuchulainn has just killed his only son that he had no previous knowledge of, and the thought processes begin to overtake him, driving him to insanity.

Geis (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

This article is about the taboo in Irish mythology.

In Irish mythology and folklore, a geis; (plural geasa) is an idiosyncratic taboo, whether of obligation or prohibition, similar to being under a vow or spell. The Scottish Gaelic spelling "geas" is also common.

Geis in Irish Mythology

A geis can be compared with a curse or, paradoxically, a gift. If someone under a geis violates the associated taboo, the infractor will suffer dishonor or even death. On the other hand, the observing of one's geasa is believed to bring power. Often it is women who place geasa upon men. In some cases the woman turns out to be a goddess or other sovereignty figure.

The geis is often a key device in hero tales, such as that of Cúchulainn in Irish mythology. Traditionally, the doom of heroes comes about due to their violation of their geis, either by accident, or by having multiple geasa and then being placed in a position where they have no option but to violate one geis in order to maintain another.

A beneficial geis might involve a prophecy that a person would die in a particular way; the particulars of their death in the vision might be so bizarre that the person could then avoid their fate for many years.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Credits:

Musicians (in alphabetical order):

Wayne Bliss: String bass (on Come My darling)
Len Czajka: Electric bass
Paul Elliott: Fiddle
Susanna Fuller: Vocals
Jon Pardue: Marimba synth (on Come On Down), synth (on face In The Mirror)
Rande Reed: 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars, Mandolin, Vocals, Tambourine
Larry Rock: Caribbean Percussion (on Come On Down)
Rob Witmer: Accordion, Concertina

All selections written and arranged by Rande Reed. Lyrics for "Face In The Mirror" by Susanna Fuller.

Recorded at Len Czajka's home studio, and Blissman Studios in Tacoma, WA. Produced by Rande Reed and Wayne Bliss. Mixing and photos at Blissman Studios. Mastered at Auricle Audio Mastering, Seattle, WA. Graphic work by Chinook Winds, Seattle, WA.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:43 pm

And just to add intrigue, I am currently working on a very large project that I hope to have finished in a few months.

It's a radical departure from my past acoustic projects, yet one that I'm totally committed to and am very enthused about. Call it a return to my electric roots.

That's all I have to say about that!

geek

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Can't believe I missed this thread when I was on a couple days ago. If you get any extra copies Rande, I would really enjoy having one! pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Dutch wrote:
Can't believe I missed this thread when I was on a couple days ago. If you get any extra copies Rande, I would really enjoy having one! pirat

Dutch, I'm happy to do this. Just pm me your addy and I'll take care of you.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks so much Rande! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Rande, Thanks for posting up the notes and details. There's some really great music on that little disc!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Hey Rande, I took receipt of the disc today and it's spinning as I type. These are truly great sounds Rande and presented beautifully. It very much reminds me of Seth Lakeman's albums and I can't help wondering if you were partly inspired by him? I have a real affinity to his music, partly because he wrote his music about and on Dartmoor. I'll continue to immerse myself in your sounds and report back once I've had a few more spins... Thanks for the disc though Rande, very kind.

Pip pip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Dang Rande, not for sure how I missed this thread. If you have any extra copies, any chance of snagging one? Would love to hear your music buddy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Hiram-2011 wrote:
Dang Rande, not for sure how I missed this thread.  If you have any extra copies, any chance of snagging one?  Would love to hear your music buddy.

I'll be happy to send you one if you'd pm me your addy.

Stick wrote:
Hey Rande, I took receipt of the disc today and it's spinning as I type. These are truly great sounds Rande and presented beautifully. It very much reminds me of Seth Lakeman's albums and I can't help wondering if you were partly inspired by him? I have a real affinity to his music, partly because he wrote his music about and on Dartmoor. I'll continue to immerse myself in your sounds and report back once I've had a few more spins... Thanks for the disc though Rande, very kind.

Pip pip

Thanks Stick me ol' mukker. Glad you're enjoying it.

Can't say I'm familiar with Seth Lakeman, but will google him to see if I can find some of his music.

RobJ wrote:
Rande, Thanks for posting up the notes and details. There's some really great music on that little disc!

I appreciate the feedback Rob. And I'll look forward to hearing something from you one of these days.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Stick

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Here you go Rande.

This is a very special venue too; the Minack Theatre in Cornwall.  It is the work of one lady who carved this amphitheatre out of the Cornish granite coastline.  I've watched two productions there now and I can only describe the ambience as spell binding.  This would be a recommend from me for anyone's bucket list!

Anyway, hope you enjoy Seth as much as I've enjoyed your CD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_yd1DSBHxk
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Stick wrote:
Here you go Rande.

This is a very special venue too; the Minack Theatre in Cornwall.  It is the work of one lady who carved this amphitheatre out of the Cornish granite coastline.  I've watched two productions there now and I can only describe the ambience as spell binding.  This would be a recommend from me for anyone's bucket list!

Appreciate this ever so much Stick. I'll give it a careful listen as it certainly seems like something I'll enjoy!

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Your CD accompanied me on my way from Greenville, SC to Richmond, VA on Sunday! Listened to it and loved it! Very cool sound and I like the variety in the styles from one track to the next. I did listen to it on the way back from Richmond too! Thank you very much for the copy, I will be telling all of my friends about it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:51 pm

For any body wanting to get hold of this awesome album of Rande's you can swing by my DA account and grab yourself a Digital copy, it is FREE to download and is there with Rande's blessing so have at it folks.

http://briartripleplay.deviantart.com/art/Reflections-and-Fantasies-497911794
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:46 pm

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
Your CD accompanied me on my way from Greenville, SC to Richmond, VA on Sunday! Listened to it and loved it! Very cool sound and I like the variety in the styles from one track to the next. I did listen to it on the way back from Richmond too! Thank you very much for the copy, I will be telling all of my friends about it Smile

Very pleased you're enjoying it Katlyn. I love to share my music.

Briar Spirit wrote:
For any body wanting to get hold of this awesome album of Rande's you can swing by my DA account and grab yourself a Digital copy, it is FREE to download and is there with Rande's blessing so have at it folks.

http://briartripleplay.deviantart.com/art/Reflections-and-Fantasies-497911794

My sincere thanks for the time and effort on this Kirk mate. Having everything in one place makes it easy for folks now. And yes, it does come with my blessing!

sunny

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Stick wrote:
Here you go Rande.

Listened to this performance today Stick, as well as a few others Seth has up on the tube. Very talented bloke is Seth, and I like his style. It's easy to see why you enjoy him! Thanks ever so much for introducing me to him.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Stick

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Stick wrote:
Here you go Rande.

Listened to this performance today Stick, as well as a few others Seth has up on the tube. Very talented bloke is Seth, and I like his style. It's easy to see why you enjoy him! Thanks ever so much for introducing me to him.

Cheers,

RR

Yup, like you Rande he's a talented musician.  He has a very folky sound similar to yours and what I love about his songs is the stories of Dartmoor (and the surrounding area) that he tells.  Childe the Hunter is a case in point; the story of a chap who got lost on the moors and to survive had to kill his favourite and much loved horse to survive.  Despite his best efforts he still perished.  There is a tomb on the moor in his memory to this day.

Glad you liked the link old chum...

Pip pip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Brewdude wrote:
My sincere thanks for the time and effort on this Kirk mate. Having everything in one place makes it easy for folks now.

Any time my friend, more than happy to do it. cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregandrews

Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Hello Rande, received my copy a few days ago. Thanks for sharing. You and your band mates did an awesome job!!" Yours For a Song" is my favorite. Love all the rest. Always love that Scottish acoustic feel and you captured it perfectly on several of your tracks. Keep up the excellent work and let me know if you plan to release any more of your work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New CD offer **DONE**   Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Yeah Rande, some real good stuff, waiting for your Bagpipe edition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/

New CD offer **DONE**
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next