HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How was your weather today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Ended up getting about 4" of the white stuff yesterday. Temps rose a bit and it turned to rain/drizzle so had some melting but much remains.

Not so insignificantly, just above my elevation the I-90 Snoqualmie Pass was closed for hours yesterday to do avalanche control. Looks like they got several feet!

Prediction is for lowland snow later this week right around Xmas day. Wonderful.........NOT!

No

Cheers?

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:51 pm

A little cooler today. Lower 60s, breezy.

Tonight though, oh boy..

Roughly 8 inches of rain predicted tonight. High temp of 68 tomorrow, with "severe" weather. Translation, lightning, hail, all the good stuff. Then it blows out, so the Christmas Luau is still on!

Crazy.....................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:08 pm

2"-4" predicted for tonight with another 1"-3" on the way tomorrow.

Happy Happy Joy Joy............

Mad

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:34 am

Tornado's in the region, now raining Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:06 pm

While I dodged the bullet in the latest round of snow, the Snoqualmie pass on I-90 is closed again in both directions due to heavy snow. Plus the Snoqualmie Summit has been out of power for 3 days due to trees coming down on power lines.

Major traffic stoppages, folks without chains or 4WD turned back. Ongoing for a couple days now!

This is not really very far away from me. I count myself lucky....

silent

Cheers?

RR

edit to add: While a lot of you here on BoB may not be familiar with the situation or geography, I-90 is the sole major conduit between Seattle and all points east. All other highways are less desirable for a variety of reasons. Close I-90 and we have a major problem.
Back to top Go down
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Mid-60s and soggy, like a day in late March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:49 am

Hermit wrote:
Wet, warm, wet, wet, wet...

^ Still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:53 am

Yep, pretty bizarre weather. But all is still good. God Bless and Merry Christmas. Doesn't matter what the weather is, as our Redeemer lives!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:46 pm

News has some very sobering developments in the Dallas and other related areas. Devastating tornadoes, much destruction and loss of life.

Hope you folks are safe and secure in all these troubling times.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:06 am

Anybody see the movie, A River Run's Through It?

That's the story of two of my barns.......

Water seems to be boiling out of the ground as well as falling from the sky. Doppler radar shows a bee-line from the Gulf to here with no end in sight. Wind is every direction, and the house sounds like it's being pressure washed......

I can only imagine what the rivers and creeks are like around here. Standard issue is that it'll be a few days before I can get off the mountain on to pavement!

Already had to realign the satellite dish to get internet reestablished....

Kinda reminds me of March
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:47 am

We're getting rain, rain and more rain ! We've now gone over 60 inches for the year, the most N.Texas has recorded in 100 years !! And out in W. Texas their getting blizzard warnings !! Was around 80 degrees the other day and today it never got above the upper 40s !! Gonna be clear and cold the rest of the week though ! Aaaah Texas weather !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:49 am

It seems the rain is a common issue. The UK, particularly the north of England, is getting hammered...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-35187963

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:59 am

partly cloudy high of 70 degrees bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:59 am

Stick wrote:
It seems the rain is a common issue. The UK, particularly the north of England, is getting hammered...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-35187963

Yes, my mate Ian who lives near Halifax just sent me pics of his village nearby that had over 5' water in the center of town!

Shocked

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Hitsuzen

Registration date : 2015-10-02

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Here in northern Illinois we've been getting sleet/rain/hail rotations nonstop for about 14 hours now. Hovering around 30F with 35mph winds, people are losing power all over town. Think I'm gonna go out to the garage and pack a bowl...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Was travelling back from NO yesterday with lovely weather, but an unexplained 90 minute traffic stoppage just north of Atlanta delayed me from completing the trip. Driving this morning was pretty nasty, sometimes the rain was coming down so hard it slowed traffic to about 20 MPH on I-85. Still, it did move and I did arrive back home! I hope every one else is doing well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Actually getting cold here finally. All our recent rain in my area should have been blizzards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Rained all day long Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:32 pm

I think it's 80 something...

temp image upload

Stick

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Breaking news... the UK has finally succumbed to the biblical scale floods and has sunk. It's every man for themselves over here chaps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Stick wrote:
Breaking news... the UK has finally succumbed to the biblical scale floods and has sunk. It's every man for themselves over here chaps.

Thank God the Royal Navy is in tip top shape and ready to move refugees to the mainland.......

(teehee)

Seriously, best of luck to you and your fellows!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Stick wrote:

My mate Ian lives up Halifax way had his local village center literally wiped out in the floods. And this comes after the floods of '12 which also affected the village.

Many shops and residences affected. And some of them don't have insurance since they got canceled by their previous carrier! Looks like they are well and truly screwed!

monkey

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Stick

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:54 am

Brewdude wrote:
Stick wrote:

My mate Ian lives up Halifax way had his local village center literally wiped out in the floods. And this comes after the floods of '12 which also affected the village.

Many shops and residences affected. And some of them don't have insurance since they got canceled by their previous carrier! Looks like they are well and truly screwed!

monkey

No Cheers,

RR

It's been really tough for large areas of the UK this year, with the rainfall for Dec being almost double the previous records in many parts, especially in the north around your mate Ian. Sadly, many were hit hard just before Christmas and just as they got to their feet they hit twice as hard again. I know I adopted a lighted stance above, but boy am I glad I don't live on a flood plain. I can't imagine what many folks are going through right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Been sunny, dry, and cold here in the Pac NW the past few days. I like the sunny and dry part but not the cold.

And then today late morning it started getting very windy in my hood. Had some rather large limbs breaking off the trees and onto my house. Right now the yard is a mess with limbs and branches.

Was fully expecting to lose power but the lights never flickered! I was right ready to fire up the new genny but never had to. Winds have pretty much calmed down now fortunately.

Oddly, when I went into the brewery this AM the winds were almost calm all morning, even when I went back into town around noon. The difference in elevation is about 500' between the brewery and my 'hood but that made all the difference.

Stick wrote:
It's been really tough for large areas of the UK this year, with the rainfall for Dec being almost double the previous records in many parts, especially in the north around your mate Ian. Sadly, many were hit hard just before Christmas and just as they got to their feet they hit twice as hard again. I know I adopted a lighted stance above, but boy am I glad I don't live on a flood plain. I can't imagine what many folks are going through right now.

Right you are Squire. My mate Ian has been keeping me apprised of his local situation. Here's a c&p of the e-mail I got from him today-

Talk about Yorkshire Grit and determination, the Dusty Miller was open for New Year's Eve last night!

I skivvied off work a bit early and took the 5.09pm bus up Cragg Vale to the Robin Hood last night on the basis there was no chance of getting a drink in the village and came back three pints later on the 6.17pm bus - the last one of the day, intending to go home. However there was a rumor at the Robin that the Dusty Miller was opening. Well when I got there, written in the condensation on the window was "Open - use back door". Well it would have been rude not to go check it out and support them and by early evening I was actually drinking in a pub in the village. A very nice pint of Vocation Chop & Change Topaz it was too, served by vertical extraction from a cask immediately below the hand pump into a plastic "glass".

No central heating on, only one plastic table and a few plastic garden chairs and the food was two large pans of chili and stew on propane burners served into cardboard containers with plastic cutlery, with cold rice and chick pea curry from a Sikh centre for the veggies. I got chatting to a woman and then ran into an ex-colleague and stayed until about 00.45 this morning!

Given the water level marked on the wall was about 4 inches above the top of my head five days earlier it was nothing short of a miracle. One of the staff had dressed in a suit complete with black bow tie, but it was a bit incongruous to see him wearing green wellies and eating out of a cardboard pot with plastic fork! The pub was close to packed and even at midnight there were still children in. It was more like a big family party at a village community centre than a pub on new year's eve!

Happy new year.
Ian

Looks like your fellow brits have plenty of pluck, don't they David?

Wink

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Much to be said for a stiff upper lip.............

Good fellows indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How was your weather today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next