HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How was your weather today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Just as expected - seasonable temps in the 50's and showers. Not bragging or complaining!

Cheers,

RR

Wanna Trade? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Woke up this morning to at least 4 inches of snow covering everything. Its only stopped snowing a little while ago. Most of it has melted off already so all in all not too bad.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:31 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Woke up this morning to at least 4 inches of snow covering everything. Its only stopped snowing a little while ago. Most of it has melted off already so all in all not too bad.

Jim

That sounds wonderful to me. I can't complain too much though. Today was a nice cool Fall-type day in Georgia. Had a beautiful breeze with it. I spent a bit of time outdoors at a customer's farm this morning. Pretty nice day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yarnspinner68

Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Lovely Wife and I went to DC last evening for a concert. Got up early this morning and drove home via Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park. Some leaves have started to change, but not many. 55-60F, clear, and sunny. Perfect for a relaxing drive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 am

Simple man, normally I wouldn't complain about snow myself but I'm in the middle of trying to move. Snow makes a miserable job soooo much worse. Lol oh well that's what I get for insisting on living in a house that has heat. Enjoy those nice fall days brother!

Jim

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 pm

It's been pretty much seasonable here in the Pac NW lately. Cooler temps with showers, etc.

Right now watching Hurricane Nate which is coming up to spank the gulf coast from LA to AL, after which it will come onshore to do a sweeping arc over the SE sector.

I'm watching this closely as our brewery founder is a "looper", which is an abbreviation for one who chooses to navigate a "loop" on a small water craft which encompasses a large area.

In this case, he and wife embarked on an epic 9-mo journey in a smallish boat starting from Ft. Meyers FL. And then around the FL peninsula, up the east coastal shore to NY. Then onto the Lake Erie waterway, thence down to Lake MI, and eventually to Chicago and the way to the mighty Mississippi.

From there they traversed into the TennTom waterway in AL which is where they are right now, about 250 miles north of Mobile, AL. And this is where they will hold their positions until the all clear has been issued. Might take a few days.

Hopefully their covered slip they are in will go unscathed in the inevitable winds which will whip up.

Hope all our brothers/sisters in harms way are prepared for this 4th hurricane this season.  

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:05 pm

90 degrees and balmy. A few days ago I thought fall was finally here. Guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:31 am

Raining for the next week Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:15 pm

We're in the New Orleans area till Tuesday (North Shore). We dodged Nate last night, it barely rained. Now sunny and in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Al, glad the worst of Nate bypassed you. Enjoy New Orleans and don't forget to stop by Cafe Du Monde

In the low 70's here and rain on and off all day.... Crying or Very sad

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:51 pm

riff raff wrote:
We're in the New Orleans area till Tuesday (North Shore).  We dodged Nate last night, it barely rained.  Now sunny and in the 80's.  
Funny storm, it had no western side.
The "right front quadrant' is the worst part, but that's all Nate had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Looks like Hurricane Nate missed my brewery folks in 'bama. They had some rain but no wind. So now they need to decide how to proceed down to Mobile and then onto the gulf coast for the remaining leg of their journey. There might be issues with fuelling and marina access as they normally progress about 40-60 miles/day.

They're holed up in Kingfisher Bay Marina, Demopolis, AL right now on the Tenn-Tom waterway. For those that are familiar with the area.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:55 am

WOW, it's brutal outside! Wanted to sit on the front porch and enjoy my first pipe of the day and had to come back inside.
It's 77 degrees with 100% humidity @ 2:54am. It's sticky wicked!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 am

Completely cloudy and 64 degrees 96% humidity. Way to miserable to sit outside and enjoy a pipe Evil or Very Mad

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:39 pm

A peerless fall day here in the Pac NW. Sunny cloudless skies, brisk temps in the upper 50's. Nights in the mid-40's.

So good in fact, I had to take a walk around the subdivision to get some fresh air and exercise. Took in our little private park and pond (they call it a "lake" - hah!), met several walkers along the way and a few friendly canine companions. Made me realise once again that I miss having a doggie.

We're due for some wet days ahead, and maybe some troubling wind later this week. Too early in the year for that crap!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Had a reasonably significant fall storm come in yesterday about this same time, with heavy rain and wind gusts around 50 or so. Managed to hang onto my power but many around region were not as lucky.

The coastal and upper Puget Sound areas were most affected, and some are still without power. Frankly I can't believe I never ever had a flicker, but it did get a little wild around here! Just across the valley from me, our brewery GM lost his power. Just a few miles!

The brewery lost power in the first storm a few days ago, but only for a couple hours. These are 3 storms a day or so apart. The one I mentioned earlier was the second one. The 3rd storm will approach us in a day or so, but seems to be the weakest.

Ya, we're entering the wild time of the season here in the Pac NW. While late Oct is generally too early for this crap to be happening, it seems to start earlier every year. Not a good sign going forward.

Cheers?,

RR
Back to top Go down

How was your weather today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19