HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Went to the hospital yesterday for echo to see if anything showed up there. Today I have a cardiac stress test and nuclear scan to see if I have more blockages.
So far I've had 9 stents, a triple bypass and five heart attacks. Not looking forward to this at all. The bypass caused me to go into ARDS and two weeks after the bypass the pleura filled with fluid and I was in trouble again. The doc siphoned off nearly 1.5 liters of fluid. Funny how sometimes the cure can kill ya too. I was lucky that time. I'm damned nervous about this. Scared is probably a better word for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Praying for you, brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Sending good vibes your way!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Will try and send good thoughts your way bro! You've gone thru hell and you don't need to continue !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Obviously, you are one tough bastid.  So hang in there and don't worry,  we"ll do it for you.

Seriously, don't stress yourself thinking about it.  You've been through tough...you can do it again.  We'll be praying for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:58 pm

You have my thoughts and prayers Brother. Man you've been through the mill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Prayers and good karma coming your way William!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Good luck friend, my hopes and prayers are with you. Stay strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Scary stuff William, but you are made of pretty stern stuff to have survived all that so far. We'll all be pulling for you.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:43 pm

good luck, sir. you are one tough SOB!!!!!!!!

give whatever it is HELL!

xoxo,
doody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Come on William old chap, stiff upper lip and all that. Show the blighters exactly what you're made of... Thinking of you bro...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Praying for a healthy report!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Praying for you William. Its okay to be scared, but don't loose faith and let you brothers do the worrying.
Be well,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:04 pm

williamcharles wrote:
Went to the hospital yesterday for echo to see if anything showed up there. Today I have a cardiac stress test and nuclear scan to see if I have more blockages.
So far I've had 9 stents, a triple bypass and five heart attacks. Not looking forward to this at all. The bypass caused me to go into ARDS and two weeks after the bypass the pleura filled with fluid and I was in trouble again. The doc siphoned off nearly 1.5 liters of fluid. Funny how sometimes the cure can kill ya too. I was lucky that time. I'm damned nervous about this. Scared is probably a better word for it.

It sounds like you've had a rough time of it sir and your in our prayers.
Please excuse me for what I'm about to say but, maybe smoking isn't so good
for you right now. Although you must be one tough hombre to have gone through
what you have so far and be still stand'en I think it's time to give up old habits, if
you haven't already and just relax and take it as easy as you can.Although I doubt
very much if I could take the same advice. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feazelle-n-it

Registration date : 2014-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Praying for you. Hope all went well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:14 pm

i hope everything turns out okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Praying for you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 pm

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Make taking care of yourself your number one priority. Just relax and keep a positive attitude. I know you'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Prayers for you, brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:16 am

Keep a positive attitude. You've been through some of the scariest s**t out there and made it through. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Prayers and support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Firstly, I want thank you folks for the good wishes. It helps to know that someone is rooting for me.
My last male friend died Oct 3rd. We were fishing buddies for 35 years. I sure miss him.

Not the best news from the doc but I can live with it. Leaky heart valve...not bad enough to worry about. Still not getting enough blood to the bottom of my heart even after the last stent which was placed in 2012.

The doc gave me two options. A cath right now or try a different medication first. Said he'd be happy with whichever I chose because the surgeon might go in only to recommend the medication. I opted for the meds first and the cath if the meds don't work. Why let him go in again if it isn't absolutely necessary now?

I asked again about my pipe smoking. He said 1-3 bowls, no inhaling, won't worsen anything and that quitting won't help me.

Now, where's my damn pipe? I need a bowl after this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Glad to hear that your okay and that a doctor told you to keep on smoking I hope you have a great holiday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:42 pm

williamcharles wrote:
Firstly, I want thank you folks for the good wishes. It helps to know that someone is rooting for me.
My last male friend died Oct 3rd. We were fishing buddies for 35 years. I sure miss him.

Not the best news from the doc but I can live with it. Leaky heart valve...not bad enough to worry about. Still not getting enough blood to the bottom of my heart even after the last stent which was placed in 2012.

The doc gave me two options. A cath right now or try a different medication first. Said he'd be happy with whichever I chose because the surgeon might go in only to recommend the medication. I opted for the meds first and the cath if the meds don't work. Why let him go in again if it isn't absolutely necessary now?

I asked again about my pipe smoking. He said 1-3 bowls, no inhaling, won't worsen anything and that quitting won't help me.

Now, where's my damn pipe? I need a bowl after this.

Glad you didn't have to lose the pipe, I know how I'd feel if they told me otherwise.
Three bowls a day aint bad at all, that's exactly what I do. Enjoy a good bowl sir I think you earned it ! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feazelle-n-it

Registration date : 2014-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.    Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Glad to hear you might not need any more surgery. As the Doc said, keep on smokin'. Glad to see a Doc that doesn't have an agenda against smoking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next