HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Twisted Evil cat

Moderator edit: This thread has been split to conserve the original topic.

Last edited by monbla256 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 am

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:19 am

MisterE wrote:
Well, it's because people are saving up for this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esoterica-Vintage-Penzance-collectable-pipe-tobacco-tin-Sealed-unopened-2011-/201236165943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eda9c3537

No No

The price might be a bit high but did you notice: "Not available in stores anymore".

And you know what? This guy is right! You go find yourself some Penzance in a store and I will lick your behind!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:04 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
MisterE wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esoterica-Vintage-Penzance-collectable-pipe-tobacco-tin-Sealed-unopened-2011-/201236165943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eda9c3537

No No

The price might be a bit high but did you notice: "Not available in stores anymore".

And you know what?  This guy is right!  You go find yourself some Penzance in a store and I will lick your behind!

You might want to reconsider that, about the only place you CAN find Penzance is in the local bacccy stores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:10 am

I made him an offer of $50.00 which was declined in a very rude manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:12 am

puros_bran wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:
MisterE wrote:

No No

And you know what?  This guy is right!  You go find yourself some Penzance in a store and I will lick your behind!

You might want to reconsider that, about the only place you CAN find Penzance is in the local bacccy stores.

Please be so kind and tell me WHICH tobacco store Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:23 am

SpeedyPete wrote:

It seems these guys get it in every now and then but you need to get on their mailing list and dash off like a race hound when the mail hits:

http://thepipeguys.com/product-category/pipe-tobacco/esoterica-pipe-tobacco/

These things disappear almost as soon as it arrives so stay frosty as they say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:45 am

Briar Spirit wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:

It seems these guys get it in every now and then but you need to get on their mailing list and dash off like a race hound when the mail hits:

http://thepipeguys.com/product-category/pipe-tobacco/esoterica-pipe-tobacco/

These things disappear almost as soon as it arrives so stay frosty as they say.

They, like most other sellers, have quite a bit of Out Of Stock on hand but no Penzance? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:10 am

Pete, the stores I'm talking about have it in stock because they for all intent have Zero web presence.. It's hard for the Forum Frenzy Hoarders to suck it up when they have no way to purchase it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:17 am

puros_bran wrote:
Pete, the stores I'm talking about have it in stock because they for all intent have Zero web presence.. It's hard for the Forum Frenzy Hoarders to suck it up when they have no way to purchase it.

I'm only pulling your leg, my bro'. Very Happy

I know of one dealer who's got Penzance in stock but, due to our post office being on strike (yes, still going on), I can't order now. It's not on their web-site though.

Also, one of our kind BoB is keeping two tins for me which he will ship as soon as I give him the green light.

It's a pity that a tobacco, which is so highly sought after, is produced in such small quantities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:53 am

Boswells had a couple of bags of Penzance on Saturday, priced at $39/bag I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:08 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Hell I wilo sell you a 2oz tin for 50.00.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:57 am

tarheel7734 wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:

Confusion>>>> I was talking about the $1,000 Dunhill!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:40 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
tarheel7734 wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:

LOL well if I had the Dunhill I would sell it to you for 50.00 also. Anything for my BOB family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:43 am

tarheel7734 wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:
tarheel7734 wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:

LOL well if I had the Dunhill I would sell it to you for 50.00 also. Anything for my BOB family.

Thanks my bro' cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 am

I roamed most of the local b&m's the last couple of days and could have bought 8oz bags of Penzance at 2 of them. Their only internet is FB announcing local events, sales, etc..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 am

I need to get out and check mine. I have a few within a 45 mi. radius. You never know what you might find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm curious now. I looked all over the web and can't find it. I put my name on the mailing lists for availability in the future. Is it really that great?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:12 pm

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
I'm curious now. I looked all over the web and can't find it. I put my name on the mailing lists for availability in the future. Is it really that great?

NO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Their's lots BETTER at much lower prices and much easier to find and purchase. Save your money Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:02 pm

$110 for a single tin plus $25 shipping is no deal. In fact it's a rip off but there again one can ask for anything they want on the bay and hope some sucker is going to swallow the bait!

Mad

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:26 pm

puros_bran wrote:

Exactly! I scored a few pounds of Stonehaven a while back by just calling some random stores in other cities that only had phone numbers, no websites listed online. The store I found the tobacco at would not ship it to me (wanted to save it for walk in locals, which I can understand) but I had a friend who lived in that city buy it and ship it.

I'm sure some stores would have no problem shipping it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:50 pm

I know for an absolute fact I could go over to a local B&M first thing in the morning and come out with both Penzance and Stonehaven in 8oz bags @ MSRP. I've been picking up Penzance the last two trips over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The ultimate Dunhill deal !! *The Penzance Rant*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1