HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Latest Briar Blues offerings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RobJ

avatar

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am

Is this it Mr. E? Beautiful briar indeed.



My Stanwell arrived today and it's darn near perfect, hardly smoked from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
Moderator
avatar

Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:32 am

RobJ wrote:
Is this it Mr. E? Beautiful briar indeed.



My Stanwell arrived today and it's darn near perfect, hardly smoked from what I can tell.

That's exactly the one!! Thanks so much for the assist! cheers

Come to think of it, if someone could give me a tutorial for posting pictures with an iPad, I'd be grateful. I can't copy the info from the hosting site to post here. Frustrating!!

_________________
Many of the greatest pleasures in life are illegal, immoral, or smelly.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:31 am

RobJ wrote:
Is this it Mr. E? Beautiful briar indeed.



My Stanwell arrived today and it's darn near perfect, hardly smoked from what I can tell.

Stanwell or GBD ??

Stand well, GBD ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

avatar

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 am

MisterE bought the GBD, while I bought a Stanwell.

I posted the photo of MisterE's new GBD to help out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am

RobJ wrote:
MisterE bought the GBD, while I bought a Stanwell.

I posted the photo of MisterE's new GBD to help out.

Thanks Rob!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

avatar

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:25 pm

As a follow up; The Stanwell I bought is really a great smoker, I've found it likes Peretti's Royal Blend especially. I kept her busy most of the weekend and put a pretty good dent in the 8 oz. I have on hand. I guess I'll need to think about ordering more if I want to keep this pipe happy. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:41 pm

RobJ wrote:
As a follow up; The Stanwell I bought is really a great smoker, I've found it likes Peretti's Royal Blend especially. I kept her busy most of the weekend and put a pretty good dent in the 8 oz. I have on hand. I guess I'll need to think about ordering more if I want to keep this pipe happy. Rolling Eyes


Now you know why BS 759 was so popular "back in the day" !! RB is so close to that classic that I keep my yellow paint can in a desk drawer so that i will NOT smoke it all up at once !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

avatar

Age : 35
Location : Painesville, OH
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Very, very hard for me to lay off that GBD straight bulldog (would have to have it fitted with a black or amber stem, though...not a fan of white or clear stems).

If the Christmas bills weren't rolling in already, I'd be jumping on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

avatar

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest Briar Blues offerings   Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:46 pm

monbla256 wrote:
RobJ wrote:
As a follow up; The Stanwell I bought is really a great smoker, I've found it likes Peretti's Royal Blend especially. I kept her busy most of the weekend and put a pretty good dent in the 8 oz. I have on hand. I guess I'll need to think about ordering more if I want to keep this pipe happy. Rolling Eyes


Now you know why BS 759 was so popular "back in the day" !! RB is so close to that classic that I keep my yellow paint can in a desk drawer so that i will NOT smoke it all up at once !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

yeah it really is pretty close to BS 759 based on my recollections of many years ago, closer than I was expecting. But there are differences too I think. All that aside I just think it's a great blend that I'm enjoying and plan to keep on hand from now on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Latest Briar Blues offerings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull
» Latest Madeleine McCann Sighting Is Bogus
» New (latest) suspect is dead - mccannfiles
» Lorraine Kelly's Latest Pro-Gerry & Kate Nonsense
» The Latest From Joana Morais

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: