HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Joe Cocker has died !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:54 pm

A GREAT in music has reportedly died in his home in London yesterday. A sad day for music ! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Sorry to hear that. He was a real favorite that goes back to the 60's. I still play his music quite frequently. First I have heard of his passing. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 pm

That sucks. I saw him with BB King and Stevie Ray way back in the day. Was an amazing performer.

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Didn't know this. Man, life is short
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Aw, another one of my old favourites gone. Still have and play his first two albums. Vinyl of course.

Saw him back in '69 at the Midwest Rock Fest in Milwaukee, WI. Wasn't familiar with him then, and he acted like a spaz on stage. But oh, what a voice!

RIP Joe!

Sad

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Sad news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:05 pm

the rev wrote:
That sucks. I saw him with BB King and Stevie Ray way back in the day. Was an amazing performer.

rev

THAT would have been a show to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Truly sad news...saw him in person at Woodstock and several times after.

Amazing voice, amazing human being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:43 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:

So you were there at Woodstock, Walt? That begs a whole new thread detailing your experiences then.

Me, I was 17 at the time and was certainly aware of the event. But still being in HS living with the folks prevented me from going. So I settled on attending the Midwest Rock Fest at the county fairgrounds in West Allis ('burb of Mil, WI) a month or so before Woodstock. That was only about a 20 min drive from where I lived.

So, not to hijack this thread any more but I'd be interested to hear your reminiscences of Woodstock on another thread sometime. I have the album, and the DVD. Sound quality is pretty mediocre - awful for many of the performances, yet it serves to capture the spirit of the event and what was happening back then. Are you featured in any of the video shots?

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Brewdude wrote:
pepesdad1 wrote:

So you were there at Woodstock, Walt? That begs a whole new thread detailing your experiences then.

Me, I was 17 at the time and was certainly aware of the event. But still being in HS living with the folks prevented me from going. So I settled on attending the Midwest Rock Fest at the county fairgrounds in West Allis ('burb of Mil, WI) a month or so before Woodstock. That was only about a 20 min drive from where I lived.

So, not to hijack this thread any more but I'd be interested to hear your reminiscences of Woodstock on another thread sometime. I have the album, and the DVD. Sound quality is pretty mediocre - awful for many of the performances, yet it serves to capture the spirit of the event and what was happening back then. Are you featured in any of the video shots?

Cheers,

RR

There's probably several Bro's here who went to Woodstock. I went with 6 of my friends in a '59 VW bus which blew a rod on the way back to Texas and we had to rebuild the engine on the side of the road in Georgia!! Scary place to have longhair back then !! Three months later I was enrolled in the University of Vietnam for graduate work in life !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Listened to Joe on 8 tracks back then. He helped with my "studies" alot Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
pepesdad1 wrote:

Cheers,

RR

There's probably several Bro's here who went to Woodstock. I went with 6 of my friends in a '59 VW bus which blew a rod on the way back to Texas and we had to rebuild the engine on the side of the road in Georgia!! Scary place to have longhair back then !! Three months later I was enrolled in the University of Vietnam for graduate work in life !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Listened to Joe on 8 tracks back then. He helped with my "studies" alot Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So you're another Woodstock attendee then? You and Walt should start a thread detailing the experience. I'd be very interested.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Brewdude wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
pepesdad1 wrote:

Cheers,

RR

So you're another Woodstock attendee then? You and Walt should start a thread detailing the experience. I'd be very interested.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks, but no thanks. It was like Vietnam, ya had to have been there. That was then, now is now. I try and live in the present and let history be Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 am

Anyone claiming to REMEMBER Woodstock was not there....

Well, that's what I heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Joe Cocker has died !!   Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:29 am

"Thanks, but no thanks. It was like Vietnam, ya had to have been there. That was then, now is now. I try and live in the present and let history be"

"Anyone claiming to REMEMBER Woodstock was not there...."

I was there as guest of the two crackpots that put it on...Michael Lang and Arti Cornfeld...so I was on stage as well as in the choppers bringing in the stars.

Haven't seen any pictures of my sorry ass back then, and I was too "involved" to take any myself.

It was pretty much a mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:58 am

Aristokles wrote:
Anyone claiming to REMEMBER Woodstock was not there....

Well, that's what I heard.

I remember those who didn't go saying that Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:47 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
"Thanks, but no thanks. It was like Vietnam, ya had to have been there. That was then, now is now. I try and live in the present and let history be"

I was there as guest of the two crackpots that put it on...Michael Lang and Arti Cornfeld...so I was on stage as well as in the choppers bringing in the stars.

Haven't seen any pictures of my sorry ass back then, and I was too "involved" to take any myself.

Ok, now you have to tell us more about it!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cocker has died !!   Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:20 pm

MisterE wrote:
pepesdad1 wrote:

Ok, now you have to tell us more about it!

And how. You have my full attention now Walt - c'mon......spill!!

drunken

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down

Joe Cocker has died !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1