HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Considering buying a Kurt Huhn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Considering buying a Kurt Huhn   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Does anyone here have any experience with this pipe maker? I've been wanting to buy a pipe made by a maker in particular as opposed to a company. I've been looking through various makers' sites, and noticed some things he has that appeal to me. My question is more as to quality and function. Alternately, if anyone knows a maker they would like to suggest, it would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Considering buying a Kurt Huhn   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
   Does anyone here have any experience with this pipe maker? I've been wanting to buy a pipe made by a maker in particular as opposed to a company.  I've been looking through various makers' sites, and noticed some things he has that appeal to me. My question is more as to quality and function. Alternately, if anyone knows a maker they would like to suggest, it would be appreciated.

He happens to be one of the finest carvers here in America, ya can't go wrong
with one of his pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Considering buying a Kurt Huhn   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:32 pm

What Cart said. And there's plenty of other fine carvers that are also members of this forum you might consider-

Growley, DHS, Todd Harris, Jesse Jones, Scottie Piersel, Briar Spirit, Mark Tinsky, Rad Davis, and probably many others I've forgotten.

All will make you a fine commission and one that will be 110% of your expectations.

HTH

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Considering buying a Kurt Huhn   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
   Does anyone here have any experience with this pipe maker? I've been wanting to buy a pipe made by a maker in particular as opposed to a company.  I've been looking through various makers' sites, and noticed some things he has that appeal to me. My question is more as to quality and function. Alternately, if anyone knows a maker they would like to suggest, it would be appreciated.

One of our brothers here on the forum, Brian Rowley, makes Growley Pipes and IMHO is THE FINEST pipe craftsman in America today !! I have a sandblasted Pot he made and all you have to do with that pipe to smoke it is just BREATH!! His pipes also have some of the FINEST bits I've EVER had on a pipe in over 40 years of smoking !! I LIKE his pipes !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Considering buying a Kurt Huhn   Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm familiar with Tinsky and Davis from smokingpipes, both excellent makers. I saw a video on here of a Todd Harris LOTR themed pipe that was impressive in its heft and grain. I couldn't get into his website bc of my iPad. I will have to research these others over the weekend. Thanks for all the input you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Considering buying a Kurt Huhn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1