HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015   Sat May 02, 2015 8:14 am

Bulleit Rye is history. Tried some Franklin Reserve and some Johnny Walker Double Black. Great stuff!

Mark Ryan told our little group last night all about perique. Nice question and answer session in the smoking lounge in the Golf Wing. His cigars are fantastic.

Having to carefully approach the Chicago Bowl competition. Ran into a bitey blend and some overly mild stuff.

Big show starts today!

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015   Sun May 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Well, I survived. Man what a great time. Big crowd. Better crowd in my judgement than that we have had for several years. Friday pre-show was very intense and lasted well into the afternoon. The smoking lounge in the huge 3000sqft apartment at the end of the Golf Wing was a big hit as well.

I picked up an old coin open tin of Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium and a Peter Heeschen pipe in the silent auction.

A few pics later. I don't take many

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015   Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm

This sounds like a way great time!

I'll be interested to view any pics Carlos as I like to live vicariously through others!

Razz

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Trifecta13

Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015   Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 pm

Well I took everyone's advice and made my way to the show today. Awfully glad I did. It's definitely a different atmosphere on Sunday. Very laid back and I was pleased to see so many sellers still hanging around. Several new pipe makers were there and I had a chance to meet with some fresh faces as well as some of the usual talents. I did end up picking up a Grant Batson pipe - so that's one more maker off my bucket list. I'll post pics tomorrow. Thanks again for the final push I needed to get there today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 11:00 am

I will try to get some pics up soon. I have been trying to get caught up. Mowed grass three days in a row when I got back. Got rained on a bit. Getting some garden in. Had some flowering bushes to plant to keep Cathy happy. Been helping some friends with Gooberment paperwork and got that project done.

So, first day to relax a bit. But I need to go to the store and also fill my mower gas cans.

Chicago was a great time. Met lots of new folks. Talked with some giants in the pipe collectors end of the hobby. I need to dig in the cellar and send a few things off. Try to get that done today.

Later
Carlos

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2