HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

WhatinTarnation!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-25

PostSubject: WhatinTarnation!?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:33 am

Was comfortably sitting back at a nice safe distance with my pipe and refreshing adult beverage firmly in hand, happily watching all of the carnage raining down on juanmedusa's head (and cackling maliciously at all the spectacular explosions). When out of no where I get beaned by a very well placed piece of ordinance ( I swear, I'm  gonna start opening my mailbox with a very long stick). That sneaky Ocelot, with cat like stealth, snuck up on me and detonated a parcel containing a wonderfully representative sampling of three different tobacco styles upon my pointy head. I will now be able to try Escudo coins, some Christmas Cheer and Kajun Cake.  Which is really exciting to me as I have been wanting to see what a Pure red VA is like, as well as this Perique stuff I hear so much about. And as for the Escudo coins, never saw coins in person before (I've heard that there is a direct correlation between being married with children and a scarcity of coins), and Ive been wanting to try Escudo since Cart and others have spoken so highly of it.
      So thank you Jesse for such a timely and wonderful gift. Such an interesting journey into pipes and tobacco this has been already, and these samples will definitely help me to determine where my personal preferences lay.  afro

Last edited by Fumus on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:48 am

Congrats Fumus and kudos to that stealthy Ocelot.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:52 am

I'm sure you will enjoy all three of those. I certainly do!

Bravo, Jesse! cheers

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:58 am

Now we can't have people thinking I'm just a nice guy and all. The truth is, some time ago I promised to send Fumus some samples and then promptly procrastinated and goofed around for quite an extended period of time. Well, I may be slow as molasses in January, but I try my best to be a man of my word.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the samples. Escudo is my favorite. I've probably smoked two tins since the beginning of the year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:09 am

Well done Jesse!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:07 am

Excellent on Jesse. Enjoy the baccy, Fumus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-14

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:22 am

Good work on the bombing. Perique is one of my favorites, my personal amongst them being Elizabethan mixture at the moment. It's always nice to see the community spirit around here, no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-25

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 am

Ocelot55 wrote:
Now we can't have people thinking I'm just a nice guy and all. The truth is, some time ago I promised to send Fumus some samples and then promptly procrastinated and goofed around for quite an extended period of time. Well, I may be slow as molasses in January, but I try my best to be a man of my word.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the samples. Escudo is my favorite. I've probably smoked two tins since the beginning of the year.

Heck no he's not a "nice guy". He somehow knew I have an attention span shorter than that of a three year old on diet pills, and just waited till Id completely forgotten about our conversation.  Makes it more humiliating when you can tell them what your going to do ahead of time, and then still surprise them with it.   Got my kids all looking at me and giggling, wife smirking and shaking her head. No sir, not nice at all.  Wink

On a more serious note, Ive tried both the Escudo and the Christmas Cheer 2012, and think I'm going to really like both of them.  The room note for the Escudo was wife approved which is always a plus, and while she didn't say much about the CC, she also didn't complain about it so Ill take that as a win as well.  Haven't gotten around to trying the KK yet, but am interested in seeing if the taste matches the tin note. If so, it may be a bit strong for my unrefined pallet at this point in time.
Anyway, thanks again Jesse. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:57 am

Fumus wrote:
I have an attention span shorter than that of a three year old on diet pills

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-07

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Glad to hear there's tobacco left on this planet that I wasn't bombed with.  Escudo is great, coin tobaccos are fun too, as a matter of personal taste I preferred the Davidoff medallions. I just received Stokkebye Bullseye flake and Dunhill's de luxe navy rolls so I'll get to try those. I tryed some of the Mac Baren roll types in the past but couldn't handle the MacBurn of it at the time. Perhaps a revisit is due. In a few years when I run out of tobacco I'll buy a tin of roll cake!

Last edited by juanmedusa on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: WhatinTarnation!?   Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:21 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
I tryed some of the Mac Baren roll types in the past but couldn't handle the MacBurn of it at the time. Perhaps a revisit is do. In a few years when I run out of tobacco I'll buy a tin of roll cake!

I really enjoy Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake. It's high quality stuff. I wasn't exactly anamored by it at first but it grew on me in a hurry. It does require a bit of time to decant after you open a tin, as well as a bit of practice smoking. It's also best in a seasoned cob. Smoke it at a gradual sip. Great stuff, nice & spicy too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

WhatinTarnation!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: