HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 am

So yesterday one of my offspring brings in the mail and tosses a SLP (suspicious Looking Package) in my general direction.  I utter a very manly sound of surprise and immediately dive under my desk.  Not picking up on this subtle hint, he hands the SLP to me, under the desk.
"Come on dad, Its got your name on it".
"Oh, I'm sure it does", I reply while eying it warily.  
"Just open it. I wanna see what's inside"
So, with no small amount of trepidation, I carefully begin to open the small brown box while my other half and another one of our off spring wander in to see whats going on.  Inside I find a note with a drawing of a bomb with the word BOOM and the message "girly pipes ahoy!"  Inside are two beautiful  long stemmed briar pipes with the smallest billiard shaped bowls Ive ever seen, and a unopened tin of McClelland "Black Shag"!  Only markings I see on the pipes, is  Bruyere Garantie.  Don't know what that means, but other half immediately grabs box away from me and begins making happy sounds over the two new pipes and asking me what I knew about Black Shag (the temptation to say something that would get me in trouble was sooo bad, but I did resist).  
      So, to our anonymous benefactor with the Reno return address, Seriously, thank you very very much. Was so freaking cool and wife is thrilled with her new pipes.  Will get pictures posted soon.  afro

http://www.servimg.com/view/19108560/16

Pipes are about 7 1/4" long, and as you can see bowl ID is about the size of a nickle.

(OK, not sure why I got a link instead of the pics posted....thought I had said all the proper incantations..."klaatu  Barada   Nik..uh..Nik.. scratch "

Last edited by Fumus on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added photo's of pipes.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:03 am

Heart warming indeed, congrats to your good lady and kudos to the bomber. cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Nice. Can't wait to see the pics. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Bombing is part of what makes this place great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: anonymous benefactor with the Reno return address   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

"anonymous benefactor with the Reno return address"

Wonder who that could be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

pepesdad1 wrote:
"anonymous benefactor with the Reno return address"

Wonder who that could be?

Some joker, probably a reprobate from the bad side of town. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)   Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Awesome bombing! McC Black shag is one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com

Collateral damage? (Now With Photo's!!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1