HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

For the Ashton lovers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: For the Ashton lovers   Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Found this interesting site that has pics of ALL the Ashton pipes made since they started in '83. Pretty interesting!! Twisted Evil

http://www.rdfield.com/Ashton/the_ashton_collection.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: For the Ashton lovers   Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks Monbla, some interesting items there, especially about the years of no date stamp of which I had many. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: For the Ashton lovers   Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:32 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Found this interesting site that has pics of ALL the Ashton pipes made since they started in '83.
LOL! This is ALL the pipes in Dave Field's collection not all that Ashton produced. They probably made a few thousand pipes a year. I wonder how many Dave has left these days. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: For the Ashton lovers   Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

daveinlax wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Found this interesting site that has pics of ALL the Ashton pipes made since they started in '83.  
LOL! This is ALL the pipes in Dave Field's collection not all that Ashton produced. They probably made a few thousand pipes a year. I wonder how many Dave has left these days. Shocked  

Right, all the Ashtons ever made would be an incredible feat!  

Oddly, barely a bulldog or Rhodesian to be found (a few), I guess David Field was not a fan of those shapes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: For the Ashton lovers   Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Sorry guys, I just thought it might be nice to have some visuals of all their shapes! I just quoted what the guy who wrote the article stated!! I could care less if it's tue or not !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: For the Ashton lovers   Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:52 pm

David Field sold off the majority if not all of his collection through Rob Cooper (coopersark) on eBay over the past few years. The pipes were advertised as such and brought in more money than they were ever worth IMO. Whoever bought those pipes, and I know a few folks, they will NEVER get their money back or even half their money back on what they sold for. There are also many shapes that I have seen or owned over the years that are not pictured there as well. Still after it is all done, I consider Ashton pipes to be the best smoking British Pipe ever made. Just my 2 cents. AND today Jimmy Craig carries on the tradition of Ashton pipes and I shall continue to smoke and buy more for my enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: For the Ashton lovers   Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:25 pm

docwatson wrote:
AND today Jimmy Craig carries on the tradition of Ashton pipes and I shall continue to smoke and buy more for my enjoyment.

I've noticed that recently Jimmy Craig Ashtons have taken a considerable jump in price on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

For the Ashton lovers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1