HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 pm

The Great Northern Pipe Club will be holding their 2015 Pipe Show and Swap on Sunday April 12th 2015! I spoke with Tony "Mr Can" Soderman last night and he told me there will be smoking area conveniently located just off the show floor. Shocked

https://www.facebook.com/GreatNorthernPipeClub
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
daveinlax

PostSubject: Re: MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap   Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 am

Bump Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap   Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:55 pm

How about a report there Dave. Hope you all had a wonderful time. See you in Chicago shortly.
Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

PostSubject: Re: MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap   Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 pm

docwatson wrote:
How about a report there Dave. Hope you all had a wonderful time. See you in Chicago shortly.
Andy
Hi Andy, Sorry about the hazy photo's, it was a no smoking show but I must have lost some glaze off my traditional show morning donuts.
It was a beautiful spring day in MN. I picked up my pipe club mates in Winona and followed the river north to St Paul. We arrived to find aprox 30 tables of pipes. Tony Soderman and The Rev Rolf had about 6 each of estates, tobacco and other pipe stuff.
Local carver Rich Lewis and Son George had a good selection of their pipes along with a some estates. Edwin pipes and Frank Storm had tables.
The food was good and conversation even better I had just paid my off my St Louis show haul
so I did buy anything other than raffle tickets. I won an a bunch of tobacco and a very interesting book by the late great duck hunter (and friend of Tony's) Jimmy Robinson. Tony Gifted me a bunch of large and small Castello shopping bags that he acquired in a deal. I've always wanted them but have never bought enough from Marco to earn one and those made my day!!  
I counted about 60 heads at one time but guys where coming and going all day. Shocked

Last edited by daveinlax on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap   Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:15 pm

WOW,
That looks like it was a spectacular day, Thanks for the photos and review of the show/sale. Tony Soderman has enough stock to hold his own show!! lol
You have some great collectors up your way and Rich Lewis is an amazing pipemaker.
Glad spring finally arrived for you as it has here in Maine/Massachusetts.
I see a Charatan in Tony's case that I'll have to give a close look at when in Chicago shortly. Very Happy
Be well, see you in a few weeks.
Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

PostSubject: Re: MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap   Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:28 pm

docwatson wrote:
WOW,
That looks like it was a spectacular day, Thanks for the photos and review of the show/sale. Tony Soderman has enough stock to hold his own show!! lol
You have some great collectors up your way and Rich Lewis is an amazing pipemaker.
Glad spring finally arrived for you as it has here in Maine/Massachusetts.
I see a Charatan in Tony's case that I'll have to give a close look at when in Chicago shortly. Very Happy
Be well, see you in a few weeks.
Andy
Yeah Tony always has a great selection. He is a good friend and a real character.
It will be great to see you in Chicago again! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1