HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Savinelli Series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PMR



Registration date : 2015-02-19

PostSubject: Savinelli Series?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm

I've done a fair amount of poking around and have come up pretty much empty handed.

Since EBay is such a positive and beneficial place to shop (*cough*) I have found my way to a few more inexpensive Savinelli gems. But most of them are not current production so finding anything out about them is difficult.

Is there a place to find out of production Savinelli series or collections?

I have a Sterling Silver, Moka and Punto Oro. The Punto Oro I have found out a bit of info because they are still made. But I would like more info on the others that I have.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PMR



Registration date : 2015-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Nothing? No one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:41 am

I have some Savinellis but don't know much about them really. Someone knows or has a link...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 pm

PMR wrote:
I've done a fair amount of poking around and have come up pretty much empty handed.

Since EBay is such a positive and beneficial place to shop (*cough*) I have found my way to a few more inexpensive Savinelli gems. But most of them are not current production so finding anything out about them is difficult.

Is there a place to find out of production Savinelli series or collections?

I have a Sterling Silver, Moka and Punto Oro. The Punto Oro I have found out a bit of info because they are still made. But I would like more info on the others that I have.

Thanks in advance.

With Savinelli currently having 86 different series in their line-up which is always changing for the last 30 years that I've bought and smoked them. The Guibleo 'd Oro, Punto Oro and the Autograph as well as the Non-Pareill series are still in the line-up and are the top of the line High Grades they make still. I remember the Sterling Silver series from the late '80s thru '90s and it's now been re-named the Silver series from what I can tell.  They make so many pipes, probably more than any other pipe maker that it is hard to stay abreast of what they have made and when. One thing that can help you date Sav's is the style number, up till the mid to late 60's  I've been told that they used a 4 digit style number which was changed sometime AFTER 1970 to a 3 digit number. I have probably 30 Savinelli pipes from G'd O's thru Champagne ( no longer made) and they ALL are GREAT pipes !! Enjoy yours Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PMR



Registration date : 2015-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 pm

I kept the Punto Oro 115 and the Sterling Silver 310. I'm not a fan of the 310 that I have, the draw is too tight, I might try to open it up slightly. The Moka 320 was not great and I cleaned it up and repaired the really messed up mouthpiece and gave it to a friend to start with. Moka must be a lowerend model as there were many fills.

The Punto Oro 115 is really nice to smoke out of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:07 pm

PMR wrote:


The Punto Oro 115 is really nice to smoke out of.

No doubt. It's the second highest graded standard shape pipe they make. When you consider how many pieces of briar a company like Savinelli uses every year it takes on some deep meaning. Enjoy it.

I have one Punto Oro but it's a Corallo variation. I am so impressed with its smoking qualities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:35 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
PMR wrote:


The Punto Oro 115 is really nice to smoke out of.

No doubt. It's the second highest graded standard shape pipe they make. When you consider how many pieces of briar a company like Savinelli uses every year it takes on some deep meaning. Enjoy it.

I have one Punto Oro but it's a Corallo variation. I am so impressed with its smoking qualities.

You never will go wrong with a Punto I have 8 of them and they are ALL some of the BEST smoking pipes I own !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:45 pm

I wouldn't mind someday getting a smooth or sandblast to join my Corallo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:38 pm

I have 8 Punto Oro's and one Giubileo D'Oro Straight Grain 122 which I bought in Florence, Italy. I also have 9 other Sav's and all of them are excellent smokers.

You can contact Savinelli direct and ask them all you want to know. They are very decent and friendly people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Series?   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:47 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
I wouldn't mind someday getting a smooth or sandblast to join my Corallo.

My cheapest Sav is a basket pipe (beautiful bulldog, naked grain, only one very small fill) which I bought for $40 in Milan at the oldest Savinelli shop in existence.  It is one of my top ten best smokers out of 72 pipes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Savinelli Series?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Harry Potter Series (Spoilers)
» FN FAL Bayonet
» Nikita (2010)
» The Veteran
» James Bond Series

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack :: Pipe History-
Jump to: