HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

want to say hello and a bit about me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
da yooper

Registration date : 2015-04-23

PostSubject: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 am

firstly, im Jim. I have dabbled in pipe smoking for nearly thirty years. my mainstay was always cigarettes however. several months ago. I became tired of the bad taste in my mouth and equally poor looks I was getting. without saying the irreversible damage they do to ones health. I found myself picking the pipe up once again. this time I have delved into the pipe world and have started seeking out good tins and different tobaccos to try. I have a very small local tobacconist but I quickly outgrew the small selection. I gravitate to meerschaum and sadik yanik in particular. I have 2 of his amazing pipes in my small upstart of a collection but look forward to more. I also have a holm era freehand Martinique and 2 savinelli autograph 5s. one panel smooth and the other a sandblasted. both from the early 80's..i find smoking pipe to be much more enjoyable than cigarettes and was the only way I was able to kick the habit of them. I now smoke 3 to 4 bowls a day.although this may be a lot im still weaning off cigarettes. hopefully this can become a full blown hobby as my goal is to collect pipes as an art form as well as a relaxation method. I hope to find new friends with shared interests here and I look forward to commenting and being active in the forum. have a good day and im glad to be a part of the brotherhood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:14 am

Welcome to BoB Jim. Looking forward to your posts! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:50 am

Glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:33 am

Welcome to the BoB forums Jim! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:38 am

Hello Jim! A Yooper eh? I was born south of Detroit.

Welcome to BoB!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:09 am

That rear looking eagle pipe avatar is pretty cool btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
da yooper

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:32 pm

juanmedusa wrote:

thanks..thats one of my yaniks.. when I bought it I requested it have glass eyes put in after it was finished.. he did it for no charge. a very good man and the best carver out there for block meers. the thing is I have two yaniks in my collection but I haven't physically seen either of them haha.. they are both being shipped as we speak. I ordered both last week.. I plan on making an unboxing video for both. if anyone would like to see it I will gladly share the link..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:35 pm

da yooper wrote:
juanmedusa wrote:

thanks..thats one of my yaniks.. when I bought it I requested it have glass eyes put in after it was finished.. he did it for no charge. a very good man and the best carver out there for block meers. the thing is I have two yaniks in my collection but I haven't physically seen either of them haha.. they are both being shipped as we speak. I ordered both last week.. I plan on making an unboxing video for both. if anyone would like to see it I will gladly share the link..

I would like it. You should start a thread in the Pad/Tad section and post the video or link. That section is specifically for showing what you're talking about. We want to see your Meers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
da yooper

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm

ill do just that then. thanks for the tip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Welcome, Jim! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Welcome aboard. Good on ya for giving up the coffin nails. Bad stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Dabbled in pipe smoking for thirty years!!!
Where ya been???
Welcome aboard.
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Welcome Jim, and nice intro. I feel like I know you already! You'll fit in just fine here.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:39 am

Welcome to the brotherhood. Sounds like you'll fit right in here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood from S.E. Michigan. Stop by as often as you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
da yooper

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:20 pm

thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. im liking the site and have been looking at your collections and conversations..i see ive got a lot to learn and even more to look at. im really liking my stay here so far. thanks again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: want to say hello and a bit about me   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Welcome to BoB, Jim.

I agree, very cool Yanik in your avatar.

Enjoy your stay here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

want to say hello and a bit about me
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: