HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Heads or tails?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Heads or tails?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:07 am

So, I'm looking at making a new rack for the ever increasing pipe collection. I have seen, and I store, some bowl down and some bowl up....

Are there benefits to which direction they rest?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Heads or tails?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:21 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
So, I'm looking at making a new rack for the ever increasing pipe collection. I have seen, and I store, some bowl down and some bowl up....

Are there  benefits to which direction they rest?

Some say bowl up others swear by stem up. In all the years I've been smoking I really have NOT found ANY difference other than with standard racks  I usually put one stem up the next stem down so that the various sizes will fit in the rack. I especially have to do this with my pots so that I can get them in the rack. JMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 'Course if you are making the rack you can adjust spacing to suit your average size so you can put them as YOU wish !! I'd say the only thing that really would matter is that the airways at the bit end are not obstructed so air can pass thru easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Heads or tails?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:53 am

Like most of the 'commonly known Facts' it Doesn't matter..

Really. Do what floats your boat.. I like them heads down.. But all my pipes are kinda ugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Heads or tails?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:39 pm

I don't understand why pipesters don't get those rubber things that tobacconists use, and mount the pipes on a board in silhouette. Know what I mean? Perhaps I should ask myself the same question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Heads or tails?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Since you are making the rack here's what Belgian author Georges Simenon used and one I would have made for me. Pipes are up off the desk/table and secured to the wall. Nice and neat !! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Heads or tails?   Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Since you are making the rack here's what Belgian author Georges Simenon used and one I would have made for me. Pipes are up off the desk/table and secured to the wall. Nice and neat !! Twisted Evil

That's what I'm thinking. Seeing how all my pipes are varying in stem length and space is a premium, I would tend to go the way shown in that picture. Off to the tools, time to make me one of them there racks...

Hang 'em high!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Heads or tails?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1