HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 pm

The Virginias are very earthy with a fair amount and variety of sweet fermented flavors: brown sugar, tangy dried dark fruits, a drop or two of citrus as well as a touch of grass. The perique is spicy, raisiny, figgy with date overtones. The fermentation process enhances the inherent properties of the tobaccos and creates a harmonious smoking experience that tastes the same from the first puff to the last. Has a medium nic-hit that lasts all the way through. Curly Block reminds me very much of the Murrayís version of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, except that this is sweeter and just a little smoother. The block (not plug) of tobacco will take some time to slice and prepare to your personal specifications. Itís moist and some may want to dry it first, though I find it works fine as it is, providing itís packed a little loosely in the bowl. Burns very slow, requires relights, and leaves very little moisture in the bowl if packed with care, so I suggest a little patience for the full experience of what it has to offer. Though you may have to stir the bottom ten percent just a little if you donít use a wide bowl, you can smoke it to a fine ash. The after taste will pleasantly linger. It's not currently available in the United States.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri May 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Interesting review.

I wonder if this tobacco will ever be able in the USA.

I enjoy the standard P. Heinrich Curly. I have a couple of 200g tins of curly stashed away aging.

It really sings with about 4-5 years of age on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri May 15, 2015 4:59 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Interesting review.

I wonder if this tobacco will ever be able in the USA.

I enjoy the standard P. Heinrich Curly. I have a couple of 200g tins of curly stashed away aging.

It really sings with about 4-5 years of age on it.

I sure hope so. I have heard that it's hard to produce as well as time consuming, so it may be that they can't make enough of it to have it available to the USA.

I totally agree with you about the Curly. Fresh, it's just average.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Smoking Pipes now sells it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:05 pm

JimInks wrote:
Smoking Pipes now sells it.

Jim thanks for bringing up this old thread. The flyer emailed today by Smoking Pipes listed this tobacco as being available and I was wondering if I'd like it. It sound like this is something I want to try. Thanks again Jim. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Actually, I managed to come across some of this a while ago and found it very nice indeed! Some is left, buried around here somewhere....................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 am

It looks good and Jim's review of it is nice. But, that's a wallop at $78 for 250g!!! About double what I feel comfortable spending...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:53 am

Old Nate wrote:
It looks good and Jim's review of it is nice. But, that's a wallop at $78 for 250g!!! About double what I feel comfortable spending...

Yeah, just noticed the price myself. That's pretty expensive for 250g IMO. Shocked

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Gotta be the most expensive MacBaren made tobacco ever sold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Gotta be the most expensive MacBaren made tobacco ever sold.

Yeah, it is, and I can't afford it either. I'm nursing what's left of the trade sample I have. If it's any consolation, it's a little more expensive ordering it straight from Germany, which was the only way you could get it before. And not counting specials, it's close to the same price by the ounce than Dunhill Navy Rolls, and it's better, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Who makes the Dunhill, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Who makes the Dunhill, I wonder?

I believe Orlik does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Jim's Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1