HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

For those of you who helped...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: For those of you who helped...   Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 am

I finally got a fridge! It's not that I didn't have a fridge, it's that the fridge I had was too big to fit into the spot for it in the kitchen. It had been given to me for free, and I had (still do have) it in the garage. It kinda sucks to have to run out to the garage anytime I wanted something to drink or cook with.

Now I have a fridge in the kitchen, right where it belongs and I got a good deal on it from the sears scratch 'n dent outlet in town.

Thank you to everyone who bought pipes or let me refurb pipes for you to finally reach this goal! I just wanted you guys to know that I finally did it. It seems like a small convenience but it's been big for me with the new house Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 am

Ya done good girl !! Having TWO fridges is one of those FANTASTIC things you find out about as life goes on !! Now you can buy and keep cold larger quantities of drinks, meat etc. And if it has a good sized freezer WOW !! You can start buying in bulk now and have a place to keep the stuff !! I've had two fridges for years and my 90 yo mother does as well and it has made life SO MUCH easier !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Ya done good girl !! Having TWO fridges is one of those FANTASTIC things you find out about as life goes on !! Now you can buy and keep cold larger quantities of drinks, meat etc. And if it has a good sized freezer WOW !! You can start buying in bulk now and have a place to keep the stuff !! I've had two fridges for years and my 90 yo mother does as well and it has made life SO MUCH easier !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The one I bought is a top freezer and bottom fridge and the one in the garage is a side by side freezer/fridge. I'm thinking about cutting off the side by side for the summer because the garage isn't temperature controlled, so I'm worried it might zap my electricity bill during the summer, especially with running the A/C inside. It is convenient to have drinks in both locations though since I am now trying my hand at making my own pipes (all of the tools are in the garage).

And have no fear, I buy in bulk already! I have a chest freezer ($40 at a garage sale) in the garage beside the fridge. I buy meats on sale and in bulk! I enjoy having extras of everything on hand, just in case stuff goes sideways, if you know what I mean Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Tue May 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Kaitlyn, congrats on reaching your goal!

On a similar note, my old hunting partner had a fridge in the kitchen, and another in the garage. That way when he was in the garage and needed another beer, he didn't have to stumble all the way back into the house, and then back out to the garage and risk spilling his beer.

Just sayin.......... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Dutch wrote:
Kaitlyn, congrats on reaching your goal!

On a similar note, my old hunting partner had a fridge in the kitchen, and another in the garage. That way when he was in the garage and needed another beer, he didn't have to stumble all the way back into the house, and then back out to the garage and risk spilling his beer.

Just sayin.......... Smile

Yeah, I use to have a big one in the garage when I had a garage and a good size chest freezer.
Always good to have plenty of freezer room for a body I mean a bottle, no! Oh, never mind. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
TMacphersonNH

Registration date : 2013-11-25

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Congrats! I remember when we got our first furnace (heated with a wood stove only). Couldn't believe the convenience. Here's to many years of cold beverages and less walking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Wed May 20, 2015 3:58 am

Very nice. Life goal accomplished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who helped...   Wed May 20, 2015 4:21 am

Congrats Kaitlyn! I'm sure it will make life easier. Smile