HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

When Only A Cigar will do!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm

I thought for a minute that was one of your own Ron, but that would have just served to stoke the fires. Laughing

Reminds me of a Cellini cigar holder I have, made from briar with an acrylic stem. It will hold a lancero size cigar, maybe smaller. I have never actually smoked it, just bought it for the collectability.

I'm guessing both are 1960's era, but I could be mistaken.

Last edited by Dutch on Sun May 31, 2015 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Well, it is tall... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 9:37 pm

I put this in the same category as Michael Novak's Rare Wood. alien

And when only a cigar will do ... I'll reach for a cigar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Now THAT defines all the aspects of an ARTISON pipe ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Dutch wrote:
I thought for a minute that was one of your own Ron, but that would have just served to stoke the fires. Laughing

Reminds me of a Cellini cigar holder I have, made from briar with an acrylic stem. It will hold a lancero size cigar, maybe smaller. I have never actually smoked it, just bought it for the collectability.

Dutch, It is my pipe and it is a Cellini and I only bought it cause it looks like a cigar and that I didn't have a stack yet. Will I smoke it, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Dutch wrote:

Dutch, It is my pipe and it is a Cellini and I only bought it cause it looks like a cigar and that I didn't have a stack yet. Will I smoke it, what do you think?
You are just like me Ron, you can't bring yourself to set fire to an unsmoked collectable. Laughing

No, what I meant was that at first I thought you might have carved this one out yourself, but then I saw the Cellini nomenclature and said "Ah, vintage 1960's acquisition!" cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: When Only A Cigar will do!   Sun May 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Dutch wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Dutch wrote:

You are just like me Ron, you can't bring yourself to set fire to an unsmoked collectable. Laughing

No, what I meant was that at first I thought you might have carved this one out yourself, but then I saw the Cellini nomenclature and said "Ah, vintage 1960's acquisition!" cheers cheers cheers

Oh Okay, but it has been smoked a few times, thankfully it didn't need a reaming cause it's almost 4 inches tall and I aint got a reamer to reach that depth yet so I just sanded it a bit with a dowel wrapped with sandpaper. Won't smoke it cause I don't want to put any more wear on it nor do I relish the though of having to ream it anytime soon. Wink
Back to top Go down

When Only A Cigar will do!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: