HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NAJ_ile

Registration date : 2015-04-04

PostSubject: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Anybody else live in this area and know abou this? I sometimes sit in the park across the street from my apt and read and smoke. Apparently i have been breaking the law this whole time! 5) This is rediculous, first businesses, now parks, next thing you know you wont be able to smoke on the sidewalk or inside your own home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Not just Tacoma parks either. Sounds like all parks in King county, per the new Lib Mayor Ed Murray!

Mad

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Somewhat related--nicht wahr, mein Herr?

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/topic16430.html

OK, so it's satire. But how long did it take before you were sure? The zeitgeist marches on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:39 pm

NAJ_ile wrote:
Anybody else live in this area and know abou this?  I sometimes sit in the park across the street from my apt and read and smoke.  Apparently i have been breaking the law this whole time! 5) This is rediculous, first businesses, now parks, next thing you know you wont be able to smoke on the sidewalk or inside your own home.

They actually tried to ban smoking in apartments in NYC if I recall correctly. Could have been Cali, as they're just as fascist out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Calif restrictions:
Since 2012, landlords have the right to ban smoking in any of their rental units (statewide).
In some cities, this extends to owner-occupied condos and townhouses per the HOA rules.

Since 2008, you can be fined for smoking in a moving vehicle when you have a passenger under 18.

Over the past 10 years many cities have also banned smoking at any city-owned public areas (parks, beaches, sidewalks + streets, parking lots, etc.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Somewhat related--nicht wahr, mein Herr?

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/topic16430.html

OK, so it's satire. But how long did it take before you were sure? The zeitgeist marches on!

I'm a big fan of the People's Cube as well. I gave one of the cube toys to a leftist associate for Christmas a few years back; he didn't get it. No surprise really.

Regarding legislative efforts to control the lives of US citizens, I don't see it getting better in my life time. Seriously, it's only going to get worse.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:52 pm

RobJ wrote:
I'm a big fan of the People's Cube as well. I gave one of the cube toys to a leftist associate for Christmas a few years back; he didn't get it. No surprise really.

Equality is no laughing matter, comrade. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1