HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

stuck ajustomatics and screw in bits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alsmith52

Registration date : 2015-05-31

PostSubject: stuck ajustomatics and screw in bits    Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:47 pm

I know we had a thread going a couple weeks ago about stuck ajustomatics. Well, I got a bunch of grabow ajustomaticss and KW screw ins. All but one were stuck so I threw them in the freezer for about an hour. Took them out - still stuck. i took them over to the kitchen table to put them in an alcohol bath.  This hose clamp had been laying on the  kitchen table for about 8 months. I looked at and said that would be too easy. I wrapped one bit with  a piece of paper towel and screwed the hose clamp down very tight- gave a little twist and - snick- it came  came loose. Even worked on a square bit. Did not seem to scuff up any of the bits. Did not see that it did any damage. Maybe this is an old trick that i rediscovered,  but seems like an alternative to heat and pliers. Or maybe it was the 105 degree ambient temp and 11% humidity. The hose clamp now has a cherished spot on the kitchen table. Al
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: stuck ajustomatics and screw in bits    Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:12 am

A great tip. I wrote in down in my little notebook on pipe repair. Who knows? I may need it sometime. Thanks. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alsmith52

Registration date : 2015-05-31

PostSubject: Re: stuck ajustomatics and screw in bits    Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:21 am

You are welcome. I still use the freezer as a first resort. Al
Back to top Go down
View user profile

stuck ajustomatics and screw in bits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1