HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Another Jar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Another Jar   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:02 pm

I was looking at a Captain Blacks jar, which are pretty reasonably priced and available. Then I saw this. From the 30's I think with a new seal.

Addendum: Upon contacting the folks from the Gray's Pottery it seems this is from the late 40's to mid 50's.

Update: Jar arrived today, busted all to heck. Now comes the fun of getting a refund. Ah well......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Sir, I can list the times that my packages DIDN'T look like they were dragged behind the stagecoach easier than not. One out of maybe twenty packages had sharp corners.

I feel your pain....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Well, fortunately they refunded my money quickly. It's a cyin' shame however as it was a very nice Jar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:01 pm

What a bummer. That was a really great piece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:42 pm

I hate to hear this. Disappointing. Glad about the refund though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:48 pm

That sucks. People just don't know how to pack stuff. I ordered a coffee press from amazon, arrived entirely smashed, rather than giving me a refund amazon guaranteed me the replacement would arrive unbroken. Next one arrived without any safety packaging at all...lol just a big piece of glass in cardboard box, no bubbles or anything...atleast the first one had bubbles. Of course it was broken. I guess you just can't order fragile stuff online...amazon sucks too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:57 pm

I've sold a lot of pottery on ebay over the years, including a few Ceramarte Captain Black jars. I have never had a piece get broken so far. I pack the jar very securely in a small box, then I pack that box equally secure in a larger box. Seems like over-kill, but as I said, no broken pieces yet. I hate that that jar got busted up, that was a real nice one. Glad you got a quick refund though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Bugsahearn wrote:
That sucks. People just don't know how to pack stuff. I ordered a coffee press from amazon, arrived entirely smashed, rather than giving me a refund amazon guaranteed me the replacement would arrive unbroken. Next one arrived without any safety packaging at all...lol just a big piece of glass in cardboard box, no bubbles or anything...atleast the first one had bubbles. Of course it was broken. I guess you just can't order fragile stuff online...amazon sucks too.

That's just plain stupidity. With all the amazon claims to be this should be a 101 lesson for the brain dead. WTF were they thinking?

Mad

Cheers?

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Another Jar   Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Bugsahearn wrote:

That's just plain stupidity. With all the amazon claims to be this should be a 101 lesson for the brain dead. WTF were they thinking?

Mad

Cheers?

RR

Thinking. THAT'S the key word!! Thought is not used much in our 21st century world of Process. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Another Jar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Tobacciana & Accessories-
Jump to: