HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JustPlainBill

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:50 am

First post, took awhile 'cause I'm shy & still not that hip with computers. I just recently came back to my pipes, 30 years later...my Winstons got too damn expensive and RYO's just don't satisfy. First "real" pipe was a Pete's standard, not a favorite (not real fond of the p-lip) but I'll never part with it for sentimental reasons. I own 15 or so briars, GBD's, Savinelli's, Jarl ribbon, seconds, no-names, plus a couple halfway-decent meers. Fist drugstore tobac I tried was Sail yellow, which was pretty much the best of the lot; sampled the Captain (too sickly-sweet), Borcom(meh), 79 (bleh)...Velvet was ok but had an odd mouthfeel/aftertaste. I like Sir Walter altho" it's a little bland 'cause it's not hard to find & has a "clean" flavor. Dunhill tins are great but too pricey for every day. Well, anyway, after reading a bunch of threads I'm real happy to join the "club". I'll probably just lurk for awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:56 am

Welcome back to pipe smoking and welcome to BoB! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Welcome to BoB Bill. Nice intro btw.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Welcome aboard, Bill. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustPlainBill

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks. Thanx fellas, I look forward to getting acquainted. If I "do it wrong" please let me know & be patient. This laptop is a bear to wrassle with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. Don't worry about mistakes. We've all made tons of them and this bunch are really a good bunch of guys and gals. Patient and forbearing. We all are willing answer any questions you may have and if one of us doesn't have the answer we can point you to someone that does. I hope you find you time here enjoyable and informative. There are many here who can recommend some delicious inexpensive tobacco. Just ask and I'm sure someone will respond. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Welcome to the group!

I did the same thing, lurking, being the voyeur for a while. Good to test the waters first, in my opinion.....

Hope you enjoy your time here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Hiya Bill, pleased to meet you sir and welcome to BoB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Welcome to the BoB forums Bill! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood, Bill! cheers
Back to top Go down
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 am

welcome to the BoB forums! I hope you enjoy your time here.

BTW, if you like Dunhill but not the tin prices, a few on-line retailers sell some of the blends in bulk (Early Morning Pipe, Nightcap, 965)

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
TwelveAMnTX

Registration date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Welcome to BoB, Bill!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/28662
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood! cheers
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:50 am

Hello Bill and welcome to BoB, please don't worry yourself so much, you are in great company here and most folk will be more than happy to help you make some well informed choices, enjoy the journey of pipe tobacco discovery, it is a fabulous experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills   Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Welcome! I work the NY Thruway once a month or so and stay in the Ulster area, edge of the Catskills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1