HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New York PC picnic!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lestrout

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: New York PC picnic!!   Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 am

is today,and the weather is just perfect for a summer BBQ and puffing session. Woo hoo!

The fine hosts are the New York Pipe Club folks, but a carload or 2 of Philly's Morley's crowd will be there, along with a couple of reprobates from the Lehigh Valley PC.

Woodsro and the great RussO will be there to show off the pre-production versions of War Horse, Bengal Slices and the 3 John Cotton's. LouC has arranged cobs for each of us and there will be ample baccy, libations and food.

hp
les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New York PC picnic!!   Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 am

New York PC picnic? I had visions of media castrati, various tenured Reds of all seven sexes, a CAIR rep, and the editorial staff of the Times engaged in some kind of outdoor daisy chain. Needless to say, these are types I admire from the heart of my bottom. Instead, we find that a cabal of pipe smokers is meeting somewhere to chat and smoke hellish tobacco weed. What is the world coming to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New York PC picnic!!   Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:20 pm

It was a great day, indeed!

Here's my report:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one who came out to join us for what was an outstanding day at our 7th Annual NY Pipe Club Summer BBQ! I want to thank most especially beloved member Charlie Pilnacek and his wife, without whom we would not have made it the 7th consecutive event, so on behalf of all of us from the Clubs represented Saturday, THANK YOU Charlie and Wife!!!

I also want to thank everyone who contributed by bringing something, helping out and for just coming out to enjoy the company of like minded folks! Special thanks go out also to Simon, Dan and Russ for sharing those wonderful Standard Tobacco offerings, they were a smash hit! Thank you, also to Bob Savage of the Old Dominion Pipe Company for the great deal on the Chesapeake Cobs, we loved them!
Thank you Lou D. for manning the grill, everything was delicious, thank you all for bringing your appetites! The weather, also, could not have been more cooperative.

Here's the best part... Charlie and his wife offered to host our 8th Annual NYPC Summer BBQ next year!!! So, come join the Club, dues are appreciated but not mandatory, get on our mailing list so you don't miss any events! All are welcome!

And, BTW...

See you on Sept. 1st at SoHo Cigar Bar for An Evening with Erik Stokkebye and then on Sept. 8th for our Sept. Monthly Meeting a week later!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com

New York PC picnic!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1