HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Years ago when we moved here, I was trying to smoke my plants way too soon, and learned to wait by smoking what the wife and son were loading tubes with..

Red Cap Silver.

It was OK. Nothing a bit of Perique didn't fix.....

Occasionally an associate would have a pouch of something like Borkum Riff or Captain Black. They seemed terribly sweet to me at the time, not off-putting, but not something I'd shop for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: Do you ever...?

No.

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:29 pm

No, not at all. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hitsuzen

Registration date : 2015-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 pm

The way I like to look at it, I have "sippin baccy" and "puffin baccy". I love taking a gentle Balkan, packing it in my briar, sitting outside in the stillness and sipping it just slow enough to keep the fires of my imagination stoked... just as much as I love packing a cobber full of CH and taking generous pulls while I go about pulling weeds or whathaveyou. Glamorous? No. But I like it :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Carter Hall's dandy in a cob when I'm working around the yard. If I drop it and it spills out, I just pick it up and throw in some more... just about can't use that tub up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:26 am

I have smoked but i wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/
Mind Machinist

Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Well... to be true it is my favourite.   Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Well... my favourite (or better... my come back to tobacco) is Comune... the cheapest in Italy tough not so common to find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPatrick

Registration date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:42 am

No I don't. There are far many blends I take more enjoyment from. I have tried most OTC blends and end up in disappointment every time.
It's just a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billm67

Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm not sure if it qualifies...but I routinely smoke a Sutliff blend called nightcap that is sold in gold pouches (usually next to the Borkum Riff). I can only find it in these stores called Smokers Express. I think you can also get it in bulk, but I have never seen it in any cigar/pipe shops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?    Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:54 pm

When ever I can't make up my mine I'll revisit Prince Albert,  Carter Hall, or Walnut. Funny, I haven't enjoyed CH much in the past couple years till this last spring. Smoked a whole pouch and enjoyed every bowl! Go figure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Do You Ever Smoke A Cheap Drug Store Tobacco?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2